Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanley Centre People...

Options
  • 26-06-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

How often do you get bothered by them in Dublin City?
    They keep coming up to me, they want my soul!!
    Anyone got advice to stop them going near me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My friend does that now.

I suggest pepperspray.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

No idea what you're talking about.

Suggest you move it to the Dublin forum. I am, but not everyone here is from Dub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Tell them your an alcoholic and you wish you could go in....you'll be grand...otherwise grope them...tht works equally well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

They are always near Marks & Spencers on Mary st. I've seen their manager/area manager giving out to them and lecturing them on selling. Especially some French girl who was around for a few weeks.

There was a blonde girl selling for them at one stage and she tried to flirting tactic but over the top. "Heya, gorgeous!" came out sounding like Austin Powers.

I shuddered and walked away shaking my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Leftyflip wrote: »
    How often do you get bothered by them in Dublin City?
    They keep coming up to me, they want my soul!!
    Anyone got advice to stop them going near me?

Yeah.

( With a smile ) reach into your pocket and donate some money to them.

Then, when the others ask you to donate, kindly say you have already donated to the first person.

A smile doesn't hurt, and you never know who that money might help someday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

give them nothing, the hanley centre is not a charity (they dont have a charity number) and they charge for their services.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

The Hanley Centre is for kids who messed their lives up by doing drugs, which they knew was stupid, I have no sympathy, I understand why people would want to help, but getting pestered by them is really annoying, I have donated money before, I stopped after they told me I didn't give them enough when I gave them a fiver...
    Does the Hanley Centre not operate in other cities?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Leftyflip wrote: »
    The Hanley Centre is for kids who messed their lives up by doing drugs, which they knew was stupid, I have no sympathy

It isn't that simple though?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I walk around with my earphones in, nobody ever bothers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Say you used to do it yourself, and wince, saying you feel their pain. They leave you alone after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

DubMedic wrote: »
    Yeah.

( With a smile ) reach into your pocket and donate some money to them.

Then, when the others ask you to donate, kindly say you have already donated to the first person.

A smile doesn't hurt, and you never know who that money might help someday.

Sorry FYP, I find this works welll with all chuggers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Seaneh wrote: »
    give them nothing, the hanley centre is not a charity (they dont have a charity number) and they charge for their services.

From their site:
    http://www.thehanlycentre.com/
    The Hanly Centre is a registered Charity, number CHY6340.

Advertisement