Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend away in Portlaoise

Options
  • 26-06-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are heading to Portlaoise for the weekend of the 11th July. We will be around from the Friday to the Monday. I was hoping that maybe you tell me of nice couply things to do around the town or surroundnig areas. Not to worry we are both big kids so all suggestions welcome.

Also, I know there is another thread on restaurant but was hoping maybe someone could recommend a really nice spot... (I want to treat him) ...and maybe a nice spot for a few drinks. Anywhere doing cocktails?

On another note...I will be coming from the west and he from the east and we are staying in the Maldron. What is the best way to get there from the train station?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

"Taxi" is the handy option for getting to your hotel, They will be there waiting at the train stations taxi rank as the train arrives in to town. It is too far to walk. No bus service either.
    I would go to the steak house at the hertitage hotel for food although Im not sure if they do cocktails. All depends on the style of food you like too, I think the other thread says all you need to hear.
    As for something to do over your weekend stay, what you into? If its clubbing, IMO you will be disappointed. Plenty of good pubs tho if its a session you are after.
    The local paper has listings of events on but not as far ahead as your weekend yet. Next weeks paper will have your weekend listed. Someone else might know more.....

Advertisement