Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Accommodation for Students in Galway???!!!

Options
  • 25-06-2009 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Im going to NUIG next year and Im having trouble choosing accommodation. I've already discounted on campus accommodation because its way too expensive and anyway its too late to apply for it now :p.

The first thing I want to know is whats a good weekly rate per person for decent accommadation near the city centre? I was looking at Daft.ie and it seems to range from 60 euro to 100. Is that good :confused:?

It would probably be me and maybe 3 or 4 of my friends getting a house together. However some of them are going to the GMIT, what would be a good neighbourhood somewhere halfway between the two? I read on another post that near Eyre square would be perfect as its 10 minutes from NUIG and theres a bus that goes to the GMIT. Is that right? I really have no idea of the layout of Galway city lol :rolleyes:.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ;). Im new to this renting ****e and Im fairly lost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

The rates you got on daft.ie are pretty accurate, but living in eyre square you're probably looking at paying more towards the 100 euro mark.
    Eyre Sq is only 10 mins from NUIG but there is also buses that go out passed it. There is also buses that go out toward GMIT fairly regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭purplegreendave

Centrepoint perhaps...

Advertisement