Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription Sunglasses

Options
  • 25-06-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Anyone know somewhere in Dublin that you can get proper sunglasses made to your prescription? I want a pair of Ray Bans or Police shades but all the places I went to today just had normal glasses that they could tint.

I know they're readily available online but I don't know my prescription and would prefer to have them fitted before buying.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sidelines

The optician at the top of Grafton Street, on the street on the way to Gaiety does proper prescription sunglasses, I got mine there. Sorry can't remember the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Anyone know somewhere in Dublin that you can get proper sunglasses made to your prescription? I want a pair of Ray Bans or Police shades but all the places I went to today just had normal glasses that they could tint.

I know they're readily available online but I don't know my prescription and would prefer to have them fitted before buying.

Thanks.

you can get prescription sun glass's from Oakley...

any frame nearly any colored lens i would recommend that you don't get black iridium... as they are really really dark.
    But id recommend them :cool:Oakley for the win some people will say this or that about them but they don't fall of your face, when doing sport there lenses technology is the best you can get... I would recomend them and in the past 10 years ive had a pair for 10 years lost them got a pair for free. and so far im so happy with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

McNallys on the Green. They have great frames, brilliant customer service and over all are really great. They were certainly my opticians of choice pre laser surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

If you want to spend your money wisely go for Maui Jim or Serengetti, their lens are way ahead of anything else out there. I've had all the usual suspects before Oakley (returned two pairs), Rayban, Bolle etc and there is no comparison.
    If you have a look on their websites they list opticians that stock them so you can go try them out. A good fit is vitally important, no sunglasses should be falling off your face, if they are then you've made a poor choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I've had some work done for me here and I was most impressed. They made up lenses for a difficult/arkward wire frame for me. Quick, efficent yet thorough. If you already have the frame then I'm sure they can help - check with them to be sure.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mairsmi

you can get prescription sun glass's from Oakley...

any frame nearly any colored lens i would recommend that you don't get black iridium... as they are really really dark.
    But id recommend them :cool:Oakley for the win some people will say this or that about them but they don't fall of your face, when doing sport there lenses technology is the best you can get... I would recomend them and in the past 10 years ive had a pair for 10 years lost them got a pair for free. and so far im so happy with them...

Another vote for Oakley. Although not all frames can be made in all prescriptions. If you go for something very curved the strongest they can do is -4. I know this becuase I'm at the limit. I have these ones
    http://oakley.com/women/pd/5541

I also have a Chanel pair that I got made on my last precription which was slightly weaker.

Vision Express have a lot of sunglasses brands which can have prescription lenses. Just watch out for the curve thing if your prescription is quite strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

Check out the Temple Bar optician just up from the ha'penny bridge on the corner,yellow shop front. THey're fantastic and they'll put prescription lenses in shades for you. THey also have a good range of shades there too. The thing is that opticians can't put prescription lenses in that are curved probably too difficult to do on site so you need to get frames that don't need curved lenses. I've bought shades in BTs before and brought them to an optician no problem.

Advertisement