Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you read upside-down writing?

Options
  • 25-06-2009 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I can read upside down writing as good as I can with right side up.

Is this a special gift I have? Am I like those Ass-burger kids you see on BBC1 who can multipy hundred-digit numbers in their head? Should I give BBC a call?

Or can any pleb do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ɥqʇ ɹǝɥʇoq ʇ,uplnoʍ ı

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I can do it too. I'm also adept at reading backwards writing. :cool:

ɥqʇ ɹǝɥʇoq ʇ,usplnoʍ ı

There's no 's' in wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

WTF? everyone can do that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's no 's' in wouldn't.

I knows that, what are you talking about?

*whistles nonchalantly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I can do it too. The trick is to turn the page 180degrees and then read.

Or if its on a computer screen, press Ctrl+Alt+Up and then read.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Everyone can do it. You just need a bit of muscle to turn your computer monitor upside down. :)

I don't have this problem because I own a laptop. Good old neck craning style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

No prob when I've got my upsidedown glasses on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I can do it too. Just takes a little longer than normal writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

¿ʞıɐɟɐ 'ʎɐʍʎuɐ ʇı op uɐɔ ǝןdoǝd ʇsoɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı ʇnq :pac: ˙uǝʇɟo os ʎɹɐɹqıן ǝɥʇ oʇ oƃ oʇ ǝʌɐɥ ʇ,upıp ǝʍ os ɹǝʍoןs ɯǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ oƃ oʇ uʍop ǝpısdn sʞooq pɐǝɹ oʇ ǝɯ ǝɔɹoɟ pןnoʍ ɹǝɥʇoɯ ʎɯ 'pןıɥɔ ɐ sɐ ʇsɐɟ ooʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹpǝǝds ɯoɹɟ sǝɯoɔ ˙uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝןqnoɹʇ ʎuɐ pɐɥ ɹǝʌǝu ǝʌ,ı

Now if only the pac smiley worked upside down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I can.

Phasers, is that some kind of code in your sig to subliminally tell us you're not a man?

I can.

Phasers, is that some kind of code in your sig to subliminally tell us you're not a man?
    Look it up, it's a well known acronym gawd

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can.

Tis in the AH slang and abbreviations thread my good sir/wimmenz. Whatever you may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

phasers wrote: »
    WTF? everyone can do that

Have you talked to ever person in the whole wide world?

No you haven't so HA! EPIC WIN!

Overblood wrote: »
    Have you talked to ever person in the whole wide world?

No you haven't so HA! EPIC WIN!
    There was a meeting recently about it. The entire world's population came and we agreed that everyone can do it.

We also agreed that you're lame, that's why we didn't invite you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I dont have a problem with it. Im also a freak with a word search, so it doesnt really matter how its written.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Overblood wrote: »
    Or can any pleb do this.
    I can, and I'm just a surfing serf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Yes, I can. Anything else you'd like to know about me, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

phasers wrote: »
    There was a meeting recently about it. The entire world's population came and we agreed that everyone can do it.

We also agreed that you're lame, that's why we didn't invite you

Sir, I'm confused.
    Did you call this meeting and decide he was lame, then retrospectively never invited him to the aforementioned global gathering?(this involves time travel) Or was it on the agenda for the meeting and a unanimous vote took place, validating the reason not to invite in the first place???

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Sir, I'm confused.
    Did you call this meeting and decide he was lame, then retrospectively never invited him to the aforementioned global gathering?(this involves time travel) Or was it on the agenda for the meeting and a unanimous vote took place, validating the reason not to invite in the first place???

Someone needs to brush up on their double negatives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

A lot of people can do this. And read jumbled words, words written backwards etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

wrote: »
    A lot of people can do this. And read jumbled words, words written backwards etc...

Apparently we can distinguish words no matter what way the letters are arranged, once they're all there, and the first and last letters remain in place. There was a viral SMS I got years ago. It read a little bit like this:

Sistncetis form Orofxd and Cbrgmaide hvae doecvsired taht haumn binges can raed jlmubed wrdos wtih esae pviderod all the ltrtees are icdluend and the fsrit and lsat leetrts are in palce. Anmzaig, huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I can't, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Forget about reading upside down writing, I remember having a maths teacher that could write upside down almost as well as she could right way up, fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I can't, at all.

Nor I.

But then, we're not plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irisheddie

yep learned it when i went 2 australia as its all upity downity down there:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Earthhorse wrote: »
    But then, we're not plebs.

I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I am.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I can read upside down but the blood really go's to the head after about 5 minutes, the text then becomes very blurry and after about 8 minutes I faint and fall over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Can I stand on my head, or would that be cheating?

Advertisement