Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever feel your about to bump into someone you know?

Options
  • 25-06-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Ever get the feeling your about to bump into someone and a few minutes later you do. Supposedly, we all have a small amount of psychic ability in us. Please discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I've found they usually die shortly after it.

very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

This isn't paranormal.....it's just you after a ride!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

what?

no, you see thats the thing, wasn't really attracted to her that way. Wasn't the greatest looking either and dressed like a hippie. ;)

Oh well then, this is DEFINATELY paranormal.;)

Are you related to Jarvis Cocker? :D

• Advertisement

Are you related to Jarvis Cocker? :D

Well we are both "common" people.:o

So where do you think you are going to bump into this girl?

Well we are both "common" people.:o

So where do you think you are going to bump into this girl?

Jarvis isn't common. He wants to "live" with common people.
    Would you like to live with Jarvis? :D

Let's get back on track. Do you have a story of the paranormal type you would like to share with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

was walking out by a beach yesterday evening with my brother. Saw a girl up ahead who I thought was an old neighbour of ours, as she got closer saw it wasn't so didn't say anything. A minute later he sees another girl further ahead and asked is that so and so? Also turned out it wasn't but he was referring to the sister of the girl I thought I saw. Neither of us have seen either of them in about 15 years since we moved from there. Bit weird that :)

Jarvis isn't common. He wants to "live" with common people.
    Would you like to live with Jarvis? :D

Let's get back on track. Do you have a story of the supernatural type you would like to share with us?

Correction, he wants to "live like common people":D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

While this has the potential to be a good thread, if the ah style muppetry continues, it will be locked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Yeah, this happens to me sometimes but its usually when I think about somebody that I'd hate to bump into, and there they are. DAMN.
    But mostly happens when your car tax is up by a few days and you fear that the Gardi will stop you and DOUBLE DAMN there they are, at the same spot they where this time last year:eek:.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Funnily enough, I had someone I needed to avoid today, and I knew today would be the day he'd turn up having not seem him for weeks. :D

suey71 wrote: »
    Yeah, this happens to me sometimes but its usually when I think about somebody that I'd hate to bump into, and there they are. DAMN.
    But mostly happens when your car tax is up by a few days and you fear that the Gardi will stop you and DOUBLE DAMN there they are, at the same spot they where this time last year:eek:.

Opposite happens me recently. Was driving with no tax, insurance, NCT and my license had run out too. Came around a corner and there was a Garda checkpoint about five cars ahead. Couldn't do a thing to avoid it. Was 12 at night and Garda was checking up close with a maglite. When it came to my turn, he just waved me by?? Looked in my rear view and could see him up close checking the car behind :confused::)

Crashed the car the following weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

I can only think of one occasion where I've had a definite feeling/thought I was going to bump into someone I know, or something to that effect. Normally, I can simply be out somewhere and I know I'm going to bump into someone I don't see often/whom I haven't seen in a while, but I don't know who it will be.

I was at work one weekend about two years ago and, while I was facing off some items in the shop (it was approaching closing time), a customer near me caught my attention. Not because they were weird, but because I thought it was this guy I knew from my secondary school days. At the same time, I could see the name 'DAVID FOLEY' flash through my head in uppercase letters - like a flashing neon sign on a reel. But when I looked at the customer again to be sure it was actually David, I knew I had been mistaken. I felt like a bit of a twat.

After work, I was walking down the street on my usual route home but when I came to one part of the street, I suddenly decided to turn left on to a side street instead. A bit of a detour. Then, when I was walking down there by the side entrance to a hotel, I heard this guy call out, "Hey ----" and when I looked over, there was David. :)

On a couple of separate occasions, myself and my dad have been driving along having stupid, random conversations featuring some man he knows called Jim Ford, and Bishop John Buckley. Each time, when we were stopped at traffic lights talking about these two people, they both pulled up beside us (on each separate occasion)! We just laughed.

I think it might just be synchronicity or coincidence at work.

Opposite happens me recently. Was driving with no tax, insurance, NCT and my license had run out too. Came around a corner and there was a Garda checkpoint about five cars ahead. Couldn't do a thing to avoid it. Was 12 at night and Garda was checking up close with a maglite. When it came to my turn, he just waved me by?? Looked in my rear view and could see him up close checking the car behind :confused::)

That's funny (not the crashing-the-car point, though) ;). You were lucky they didn't stop you. I swear some cops get a buzz out of discovering drivers with expired insurance and tax, etc. At least that's what I think.

I was out one night at a friend's house a few months ago. He only lives a short distance down the road from my estate but there isn't any pavement for some of the way, which is a f uck up sometimes. Anyway, I was making my way back home (it was about 11.30pm) and I had a small torch lit up to ensure my visibility to any oncoming traffic. I was as sober as a judge. As I was walking along, I sort of had a clear, 'loud' thought (not a 'voice', ffs) in my head that said, "Move along more quickly, walk faster". So I picked up speed a little, all the while thinking that there might be some [EMAIL="dumb@ss"]dumb@ss[/EMAIL] joyriders out for the night. About a minute later, this car that had came from behind me started creeping slowly beside me with some man saying intermittently, "Hello?". I didn't even look over or bother summoning up the energy to reply, "F uck off" (which was a wise decision, in hindsight, as you'll soon find out!) and just continued walking.

Then a hint of blue caught my eye and it was only then that I took a proper look at the car and thought, "F uck, it's the cops". A garda and two bean gardai were sat inside and they had the blue siren-type lights a-glow. I was asked for I.D. (which I produced) and then I was told to come around to the side of the car for a full body search. :pac: At the time, I was seething with fury but I can laugh at it now. I saw a couple of cars slowly passing by whilst this circus was unfolding and I was mortified. I was asked if I was carrying anything and all this other bullsh!t, asked for my name and address and D.O.B., and there were also quiet murmurs amongst the three of them about carting me off to the local station. I thought, "F uck this! No way am I going to be taken anywhere without my permission!" so I started to kick up a fuss.

The more annoying you become (barring any verbal profanities, obviously), the less they'll want to put you in the back of the car and spend further time with you. That seemed to do the trick but they, however, insisted on dropping me to my door (which was unbelievably ridiculous, considering it was only a stone's throw away!). I explained how near I was to my estate but they wouldn't listen to me anyway. That failed argument on my part was followed by a shockingly brief journey to my door, where I could see how embarassed the three of them looked that I really had been so near to my house. :rolleyes:

I was really angry about it all for a few days afterwards :mad: because the incident really lowered my opinion (which had once been positive) of the Gardai and their evidently petty attitude to... ???? I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong on the night to begin with that would warrant the attention of the Gardai, and I was thinking, "Is personal freedom dead and buried in this country?". When I told my friends and family about it afterwards, they were both bemused and amused.

Anyway, Gardai annoyance aside, I did have some strong thought in my head beforehand that something was going to come along that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

In the past couple of years, I've thought of somebody that I haven't seen in many years only to meet them a few days later.

One was a nurse I had known briefly for a few months, before she moved to Dubai. One day a couple of years ago she flashed through my mind. Then I met her very soon after, she was back working here again following a 12 year stint in Dubai. I just thought that was so weird.
    (She has since moved back to Dubai as she found it hard to settle back here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

LCDeelite wrote: »
    I can only think of one occasion where I've had a definite feeling/thought I was going to bump into someone I know, or something to that effect. Normally, I can simply be out somewhere and I know I'm going to bump into someone I don't see often/whom I haven't seen in a while, but I don't know who it will be.

I was at work one weekend about two years ago and, while I was facing off some items in the shop (it was approaching closing time), a customer near me caught my attention. Not because they were weird, but because I thought it was this guy I knew from my secondary school days. At the same time, I could see the name 'DAVID FOLEY' flash through my head in uppercase letters - like a flashing neon sign on a reel. But when I looked at the customer again to be sure it was actually David, I knew I had been mistaken. I felt like a bit of a twat.

After work, I was walking down the street on my usual route home but when I came to one part of the street, I suddenly decided to turn left on to a side street instead. A bit of a detour. Then, when I was walking down there by the side entrance to a hotel, I heard this guy call out, "Hey ----" and when I looked over, there was David. :)

On a couple of separate occasions, myself and my dad have been driving along having stupid, random conversations featuring some man he knows called Jim Ford, and Bishop John Buckley. Each time, when we were stopped at traffic lights talking about these two people, they both pulled up beside us (on each separate occasion)! We just laughed.

I think it might just be synchronicity or coincidence at work.

I know a guy by the same only added him on Facebook a few days ago! lol

Oh well woop de doo. You're a special one aren't you? You're psychic but you can't even get your sh*t together. You're a total joke driving around like that - if I saw a scumbag like you driving around with no insurance or anything, I'd call the police myself.

Oh well woop de doo. You're a special one aren't you? You're psychic but you can't even get your sh*t together. You're a total joke driving around like that - if I saw a scumbag like you driving around with no insurance or anything, I'd call the police myself.

Oh, how I laughed at that. :pac:

You'd give Jason Byrne, Jack Dee, or Dave McSavage a good run for their money (not difficult in the case of the latter two!). :D

razorblunt wrote: »
    I know a guy by the same only added him on Facebook a few days ago! lol

What? The Bishop is on Facebook now?? :p;)

That's cool. :) Cork is a small place, so it's very possible it might be the same guy!... Just to see if it's the same David we know (without giving too much away) :o...

Does this David you know have an older brother (his only other sibling), with his name beginning with 'A'? And do you know whether or not this David you've added went to sec. school in St. Brogan's/'The Tech'?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

AH stop it LCDeelite, If your right you'll totally F her up for good.

And do you ever sleep.:D

suey71 wrote: »
    AH stop it LCDeelite, If your right you'll totally F her up for good.

Lol, I was only messing. :D It did make me laugh, though. I could just visualise The Entrepreneur typing feverishly in an irritable temper, spitting all the typed-word-vitriol on to the screen. :pac:
    And do you ever sleep.:D

Well, I came home a couple of hours ago after being out, so I can't sleep now. Generally, yeah, I do have strong insomniac tendencies. I can feel physically shattered after the day but I'm still 'wired' mentally, if that makes sense?... :( :rolleyes: I do sleep... just not very thoroughly or well, which has been bugging me since I was a kid. :mad:

I don't remember saying that I knew beforehand that I was going to get through the checkpoint ;) Maybe it was the Garda was the psychic one and could sense that I was just about to S*%! my pants and thought "not on my shift" :D
    But if it's any consolation, I knew some numpty would reply to that post along the lines that you did :p

Advertisement