Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does wearing glasses make changes to your face?

Options
  • 25-06-2009 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

And no, it isn't an After Hours question...

I've been wearing glasses for about 20 years and although I've also got contact lenses, I've tended to wear my glasses more and more over time. I just put in my contacts today and looked in the mirror. I know I'm used to seeing myself with my glasses on and they're probably magnified behind the lenses but they look a bit weak and set back into my head.

It's hopefully my imagination gone wrong but at the same time I'm thinking of other people I know who wear glasses. When they take them off to clean them or whatever, they've got the same "look"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 horsechesnut

I'm afraid that yes, I have noticed the same thing - there is definatley "a look" and I think that my eyes have changed too (long time glasses wearer) and I think you've hit the nail on the head with the "weak" comment.
    I'm currently considering laser (Lasek is what was recommended) not for this reason, but more convenience. I don't think that the look goes away anytime soon either. My friend who also got laser, still looks like a glasses wearer with contacts in to me!!
    I can only imagine that something pretty much always on a particular piont on your nose blocks some normal clearance (ie lymphs etc). This is only a thought and not based on anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jeremyr62

If you didn't know that they wore glasses would you be able to tell? If you looked a load of pictures of random people without glasses do you think you would be able to pick out the ones who were spectacle wearers. I doubt it. Other that the contact points on your face how can glasses make other physical changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭complicit

Wearing glasses 24 / 7 can make the following changes to your face :

1. The eyelid and skin around the eye may be a bit whiter than
    the rest of your face
    Reason : The glasses shield that area from sun exposure .

2. If the glasses are too tight on your head , you may have some
    temporary indentations in your skin especially at your temple.

Advertisement