Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a bicycle

Options
  • 25-06-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am looking to buy as cheap as possible a bicycle in Galway. I have called a few of the hire shops and it seems hit and miss as to who sells second hand bikes.

Any ideas please ?
    oh, I rang Mill Street and the next sale is not until the end of the summer.

Thank you ....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mill street have a sale on? when? what exact date? where?

Europa sell some second-hand bicycles, otherwise it's a private seller you want buyandsell.net, galwayadvertiser.ie, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

pm'd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

snubbleste wrote: »
    Mill street have a sale on? when? what exact date? where?

As in Mill St Garda station??

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Xiney - Thanks a mill. I have pm'd you.

Yep, Mill Street Garda station.
    A lot of the cop shops around Ireland have a sale every now and then of bicycles. I am guessing that they are ones stolen and dumped and the G pick them up as well as ones brought in by people that are left in gardens and drive ways etc.

I used to live in Dublin and they had massive sales. The bikes range from top end to pieces of junk.

I rang Mill Street and they were really helpful but basically already had a sale in April and will hold another after the summer when they have a few again...
    The dude said I should ring in Sep and I can arrange to go in and have a look...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Anyone hear if the garda station is havin that sale on bikes this september?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

The new europa cycles shop up near the Roisin Dubh is your best bet for a cheap second hand bike...easily pick something up for less then €100.

For a new bike or for the more serious cyclist id highly advise buckley cycles in Athlone...best prices Ive seen in the west and pretty much country wide! Do all the big brands (Giant, Specialized, Trek etc) with wide range of Hybrids and Road bikes.

Also OP if you are working see if your company is willing to be part of the cycle2work scheme. You can save upto 50% on a new bike

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perrin wrote: »
    Anyone hear if the garda station is havin that sale on bikes this september?
    Ring and ask, let us know yeah?

Advertisement