Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetup?

Options
  • 25-06-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

What would people think of some sort of meet up? I know the other sections of boards do it but I can't make it to Dublin most of the time... So would anyone be interested?

Where would you like to meet up for a few drinks on Wednesday July the 1st? 9 votes

The Locke Bar (Georges Quay)
    0%
    Tom Collins Bar (Cecil Street)
    11%
    Poxyshamrock 1 vote
    Somewhere Else
    11%
    Birdie086 1 vote
    Don't Mind
    0%
    Can't Make It
    44%
    Insect Overlordgeorgem25BurialElbi 4 votes
    Change The Date!
    33%
    ninty9erdonmeisterDelirium 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This came up before. I think the Christmas beers were meant to be in on in Collins in Dooradoyle.

I dont know if it ever actually occured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Burial wrote: »
    What would people think of some sort of meet up? I know the other sections of boards do it but I can't make it to Dublin most of the time... So would anyone be interested?

I'd definately be up for something. Could do with a good night out in Limerick, haven't had one in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Myself and An File usually try and organise a Limerick Beers, loads of people say they are going to show up but everyone says they cannot make it like the day before its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Can't Make It
    Well I'll be up for it! Will we try to suggest a date and time?

At the Motors Forum Meet(non drinking) the same thing happens. You start out with 20 and usually around 8 turn up but still 8 people is a good amount for a few drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Burial wrote: »

Burial when would you be thinking about meeting up?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can't Make It
    99er, Limerick Dude and I have twice tried to organise a Limerick Beers. On both occasions we were the only 3 who showed up. The Christmas Beers never happened at all. I'd be delighted to be involved in a meet-up if more than 3 people actually showed up, but I know Limerick Dude won't be around so that chances of that are slim...

Can't Make It
    I was thinking, going for a drink or two in the Locke bar on the 1st of July? We could ask the UL and LIT forum also....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ha,fook the 1st...who wants to go for a pint now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

ive always said when this is brought up that id find it a little weird, but to be honest ive fcuk all else to be doing with my time!!!

(although i havent really had alot to say here for a few weeks now!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Somewhere Else
    would be up for it, bit i'm working in the belltable at the mo and its fairly busy dont think i'd get time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

jackncoke wrote: »
    ha,fook the 1st...who wants to go for a pint now? :D

Im up for it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Are girls invited too? Or is it a fella thing?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can't Make It
    dellas1979 wrote: »

Anyone who frequents these parts is welcome :)

Somewhere Else
    just checked my roster and im working till eleven wednesday nite so unless ye want to make the meet up in Tom Collins or somewhere near cecil street i wont make it.

Can't Make It
    RINO87 wrote: »
    ive always said when this is brought up that id find it a little weird, but to be honest ive fcuk all else to be doing with my time!!!

(although i havent really had alot to say here for a few weeks now!!)

Pretty much the same as me!
    dellas1979 wrote: »

Girls are more than welcome! The more, the better in my opinion. :D
    Birdie086 wrote: »
    just checked my roster and im working till eleven wednesday nite so unless ye want to make the meet up in Tom Collins or somewhere near cecil street i wont make it.

I've never been to Tom Collins bar, but I wouldn't mind if it's on in there! I'll put up a poll and see what people decide!

Here's the people I presume are going:

Burial
    PolarIce (I'll make him)
    Sgt Hartman
    Rino87
    elmolesto
    dellas1979
    Berty (I think)
    An File (I think)
    Birdie086 (If its on in Collins Bar)

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

I will not be in Limerick on Wednsday night, not even in the country actually. :(

Somewhere Else
    I voted tom collinss without seeing the option for change the date.
    A change of date might suit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Tom Collins' is a good bar but I'm only in Limerick the weekends so I wouldn't make it on a Wed nite:(

Somewhere Else
    Who is up for a bit of Monday night Madness???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

night depending, id try make it :)

Can't Make It
    Will we change it to next Friday? I don't think alot of people will go on Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I cant make it friday:o

Can't Make It
    Arghhh!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! Ok. I think I'm giving up organising this...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is why these things never really work out on this forum. Not enough people interested in the first place and those that are up for it usually cannot all make it on the same night.

Somewhere Else
    It would be woth it though - any excuse for a few beers ha ha. Maybe if we invited the Limk county we might drum up alittle more interest. Even if only a few turned up - what harm, more drink for those who show face

Can't Make It
    Alright so, is Friday/Sunday a good enough time, and if so, where? I'd suggest Saturday but I'm going to a 21st then...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fridays out for me anyway, T rooms 6th birthday, time to party!

• Moderators Posts: 51,720 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Change The Date!
    Can't do much this week/ weekend as I've things that have been organised for a while. But definitely would be interested in a meetup anytime after that.

Would be nice to not have to trek to Dublin for a beers for a change:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

Can't Make It
    Well I'm heading to the Trinity Rooms birthday thing aswell. So if any boards members want to meet me there, I'll be more than happy to say hello or what not! Meet at the Champagne fountain at 9???

Advertisement