Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried for safety of neighbour's nuisence dogs

Options
  • 25-06-2009 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hey all,

For the best part of a year now, I've been putting up with my neighbour's 2 Miniture Yorkies coming into my garden and tormenting my 3 dogs through the fence of their enclosure. To anyone it sounds like a doggie murder is taking pace with 5 terriers going bananas at each other. When I come out the chase them off one will run away but the other is a brat and keeps about 10ft from me but continues to bark at me and sometimes if you get close enough he will nip my ankles. I've also seen them chase and nip at cyclists passing.

With the fine weather (and long may it last) I've been spending the evenings out in the garden with our 2 year old and wanting to let my 3 dogs out of their run to play or rest after their walk. However, I find I can't relax and enjoy it as I'm constantly on the look out for the 2 yorkies as I know given the chance my biggest terrier would make mince meat of them should they come into the garden.

Other neighbours have been onto them about keeping them in as they bully cats and other pets and I don't want to call and moan along with the rest, but I feel I've put up with this long enough plus my daughter gets very upset with all the barking and lunging when they do come in. Plus my husband is not keen on confronting the owner as he feels it would make things awkward and I'm very shy about this kind of thing too so unless he did it, I wouldn't have the nerve to speak up.

Also, what would be the legal situation should one of my dogs hurt or even kill the yorkies on my property, which is fenced with electric gates that are closed to suit my dogs. I do have pet insurance with public liability but surely I shouldn't be the one to cough up should one of the expensive mini yourkies get injured?

Any advice please?

Advertisement