Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€30 What a rip off

Options
  • 25-06-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Tickets for this weekends Laois v Kildare match are a rip off price of €30. I would really love to know how the GAA can justify these ridiculous prices in the current climate.:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭roosterman71

€30!! In Tullamore!! Bloody hell. I was gonna go but don't think its worth that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Plus another 30 to see the Dubs beat the winners lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I've paid less for a Leinster final.........

I have a family member on the team and even his own extended family who normally go aren't going because if the price.

Oh and Dublin 28......Kildare for Leinster.....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Latest story is the Offaly county board are in financial trouble over building the new stand.
    This is why they are getting some high profile matches even tough Portlaoise is classed as the second pitch in leinster:confused:
    It's also a nightmare of a place to get to with traffic.

Anyone know if its on TV:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mdu

its the same price to go to croke park for the dublin/westmeath match this weekend too. EURO 30 to get into o'conner park is a total rip off!!!

the kildare/laois is not on tv - its on the rte web only broadcast . bah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Terrace tickets are €20.I'm going early as there is bound to be a massive Kildare support and parking will be a nightmare if running late.Would'nt mind the delay getting out if Laois win.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

moose112 wrote: »
    Latest story is the Offaly county board are in financial trouble over building the new stand.
    This is why they are getting some high profile matches even tough Portlaoise is classed as the second pitch in leinster:confused:
    It's also a nightmare of a place to get to with traffic.

Anyone know if its on TV:D
    It is nothing to do with the Offaly County Board! Ticket prices are set by the Leinster Council!!! And also, it doesn't matter what size Portlaoise is, if you are following the Leinster Championship at all you will have noticed all the games are in neutral venues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its a bit bleedin much in my opinion.

Stand tickets for Sunday's game are €25 - well, thats how much I was told they'd cost.

kmart6 wrote: »
    It is nothing to do with the Offaly County Board! Ticket prices are set by the Leinster Council!!! And also, it doesn't matter what size Portlaoise is, if you are following the Leinster Championship at all you will have noticed all the games are in neutral venues!

Except Dublin games that is

Well as a lot of Dublin "fans" think Croke Park is their home venue it says a lot really:rolleyes:

But great post by kmart6

• Advertisement

Agree with a lot said on here . I am not a bangwagon supporter and yes i do no were Parnell Pk is.

Why isint this game a double header in HQ ?

Because like the reason all Dublins Championship matches are in Croke Park is because the Leinster Council no they'd get 70,000+ all the time ?

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Agree with a lot said on here . I am not a bangwagon supporter and yes i do no were Parnell Pk is.

Why isint this game a double header in HQ ?

Because like the reason all Dublins Championship matches are in Croke Park is because the Leinster Council no they'd get 70,000+ all the time ?

Who cares, they traveled to Longford and just sbout won a few years ago.

All we heard for weeks leading up to the game where Dub fans whinging about not getting tickets.....yet if they played a league match in Longford they would be lucky if 500 traveled:rolleyes:

Fairness before profit........

Who cares ?

Anyone who moans about all Dublin games in Croke park thats who

Its nothing got to do with Dublin players/management/supporters.

Its the Association

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Who cares ?

Anyone who moans about all Dublin games in Croke park thats who

Its nothing got to do with Dublin players/management/supporters.

Its the Association

So the last time Dublin played a Leinser game outside Dublin their county board didn't complain then..........:rolleyes:

Lack of tickets for the "fans":rolleyes:

Who wouldn't go to a league game in a decade:rolleyes:

Will only go to 1 area of Croke Park:rolleyes:

Will i continue;)

Well that obviously, remembered that after I posted but wasn't pushed to edit it,knew someone would mention it! Holding a Dublin outside of Croker would cause WWIII,lol!

But great post by kmart6

We have a 'Thanks' button for that;)

Anybody who paid the €30 had to have been kicking themselves after that performance,lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DarrenGT4

30 euro its day light robbery. i was gonna go but that turned me off

Better off not going anyway when you look at how bad they were!

I went. Paid €20 for a terrace ticket. I was raging I spent that much after what I seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

€55.00 .....Adult,student and two children......waste of time and money.....if i'd spent it in Dunne's Stores and wasnt happy i could have a refund.It be a long time 'till I'm hoodwinked by Laois football again.

Facilities at O'Connor Park were excellent......fab stadium.

Advertisement