Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus/Rail ticket

Options
  • 25-06-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

This maybe should be in the ranting/raving forum but it's more of a pathetic whinge at this stage than a full blown rant :o

Why do Dublin Bus make it so hard for me to give them my money? I want to give them my money. At least until I pass my driving test :pac: They have got a lot off me the last twelve years. I'm just so fed up now.

I get a monthly bus/rail ticket, at least I do when I can find it. Very few Dublin Bus agents in Dublin City Centre seem to carry them. I used to buy it in one particular shop and one time i went in and the guy swore blind they had NEVER had them, even though I could tell him who normally served me :mad:

The main Dublin Bus office closes at 5.30 so I can't make it after work and it's only open a half day on Saturday. I usually buy it online, but do forget the odd time. So I go online to buy one for July this morning and they are only selling ones for August, it's obviously too late in the month.

Even though they are Bus/rail tickets, they don't sell them in Heuston. And their new ticket validators don't read it a lot of the time either.

For the pleasure of handing over 119E you would think they would make the sodding thing easier to buy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

seeing that you say you work, would it not be better for you to get it via work and save on tax, see taxsaver.ie. The tickets are then delivered to work about 1 week before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The Dublin Bus office is also open on Sundays until 1400 as well.

If you're in the city centre, try Tara Street DART Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Thanks, I can't get it through work at the moment. Will try Tara Street though.

Advertisement