Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Royale Bagless Vacuum cleaner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Ah ****e.

Paid 70 for this last week.

Great hoover though

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

these are awful vacuum cleaners.

I bought one last year, the suction started to go after a few months. I have wooden floors so don't vacuum that much - so it was not from over use. It is awkward to use and doesn't store too easy. Plus there is no compartment for the accessories. I hate it, I never use it now and find a cheap cast off from a friend much better.

Sorry!! But if I'd a chance to return mine, I would take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

if you have the recipt you can take it back, it has a 3 year garente

holly8 wrote: »
    these are awful vacuum cleaners.

I bought one last year, the suction started to go after a few months. I have wooden floors so don't vacuum that much - so it was not from over use. It is awkward to use and doesn't store too easy. Plus there is no compartment for the accessories. I hate it, I never use it now and find a cheap cast off from a friend much better.

Sorry!! But if I'd a chance to return mine, I would take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

holly8 you did clean the filter cartridge, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lillil

After seeing the OP I was about to get this, however I did some research and found that:
    - It seems to be this hoover Dirt Devil Centrixx TS M2613-1

If that's correct then:
    - The specs are very good and the fact that you can download a PDF manual
    and spare parts is usually a good sign

- However the reviews are quite bad (mostly review websites in NL and BE)

- Main complaints seem to be: quick loss of power (supposedly even with the filters cleaned after every use),
    tiny dust container that needs to be emptied very often (even in the middle of the cleaning)

I'm holding off for the moment.

• Advertisement

lillil wrote: »
    After seeing the OP I was about to get this, however I did some research and found that:

If that's correct then:

- Main complaints seem to be: quick loss of power (supposedly even with the filters cleaned after every use),
    tiny dust container that needs to be emptied very often (even in the middle of the cleaning)

That's exactly what I've experienced with it. The first few days it nearly stuck to the floor, the suction was that good. then it started to lose it.
    I've been cleaning it all out every time - filters, hoses, etc - all to no avail. I hate it!

And of course, I never kept the receipt - I usually find Lidl and Aldi goods of a quite high quality and have never had to return anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭itisyeah

mike65 wrote: »
    A Thursday Special, I just bought one and have given it a spin around the house. 50 euro for a full modular system, exellent suction power and it feels solid enough while being very light. If you need a new cleaner you can't go wrong here.

http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090625.p.RoyalBaglessVacuumCleaner

I boguht this hover the last time it was out in Lidl, the same colour n all.
    I personally think its excellent.
    The suction on it at full power is unbelievable.
    I hgighly recommend this hoover and the fact that it is bagleess is a big bonus.

So its either brilliant, like. Or its pants. Time will tell I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I bought a vacuum in Lidl a few years ago thinking it would be good.
    Absolute junk.
    It had poor suction,a badly designed head and the motor burnt out after a few months of minimal usage.
    Never again.
    Its better off spending a reasonable amount and getting a decent machine that will last a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Baged ftw in our house. We had a posh bagless one and in was a pain in the a$$ cleaning filters etc. We got the lightest branded (argos.co.uk does reviews and their own models got crap reviews) bagged cleaner from Argos - the exact model isn't in the new catalogiue but this looks just like it. It's nice and light so handy to store and carry upstairs. I have no excuse now lol "but the hoover is too heavy for me to carry upstairs!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

That's exactly what I've experienced with it. The first few days it nearly stuck to the floor, the suction was that good. then it started to lose it.
    I've been cleaning it all out every time - filters, hoses, etc - all to no avail. I hate it!

And of course, I never kept the receipt - I usually find Lidl and Aldi goods of a quite high quality and have never had to return anything yet.

Aye, i know what you mean. My one has my heart broken i tell ya. House is in a right state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 city mag

bought d same vacum cleaner last week found it v gu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

lillil wrote: »

If that's correct then:

I see a vacuum cleaner in Lidl again today for under €60 - Does anyone know if it is the same model?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

Is this the same machine Royal Bagless VC on offer for €19.99 seems very good

Its the same one, thats a clearance sale only the 3 locations

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20106300.Warehouse_Sales_from_3107

Now my 12 month review - its still working but it has developed a problem with the potentiometer/dial that controls the power - basicly you have to have it on max, turn the dial a fraction lower and it cuts out. The body does open up so I really must have a look. I suspect its simply got dust in it.

edit, just took it apart - the control dial itself is borked. My view is that given what happend to holly8 above it looks like a cheaply made part that could last no time, a while or a long time. If you fancy taking your chances then I guess for the price its okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

i bought one of these on monday. so far so good but an awful smell from it. filter maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SunnyDays2013

Hi, we bought the Royal Centrixx TS Vacuum from Lidl in 2010 and find that the filter needs washing after just a short while of use (less than an hour!) - I'm not happy with it, find it's the worst vac I've ever used. We're currently looking to see if we can purchase new filters although I would rather buy a completely different vacuum - maybe a 'Henry'?

Hi, we bought the Royal Centrixx TS Vacuum from Lidl in 2010 and find that the filter needs washing after just a short while of use (less than an hour!) - I'm not happy with it, find it's the worst vac I've ever used. We're currently looking to see if we can purchase new filters although I would rather buy a completely different vacuum - maybe a 'Henry'?

I finally ditched the Lidl one .. I don't think i ever threw anything out (recycled) that was still working before this.

Bought a Henry instead (in 2009-I had to check the date on posts here) - it's brill. So it's now 3yrs old and still running perfect. Great power too. Recomemend it big time.

I finally ditched the Lidl one .. I don't think i ever threw anything out (recycled) that was still working before this.

Bought a Henry instead (in 2009-I had to check the date on posts here) - it's brill. So it's now 3yrs old and still running perfect. Great power too. Recomemend it big time.

Thanks for your reply, holly8. That's great that you finally have a good vacuum cleaner.

Am seriously considering the Henry :)

Thanks for your reply, holly8. That's great that you finally have a good vacuum cleaner.

Am seriously considering the Henry :)

I got it for a good price too on Littl**oods (surprisingly enough, I usually find them expensive) and using one of the many discount codes found on boards.ie forum! Got it for less than €100 .. and free delivery to the front door too!

• Advertisement

I got it for a good price too on Littl**oods (surprisingly enough, I usually find them expensive) and using one of the many discount codes found on boards.ie forum! Got it for less than €100 .. and free delivery to the front door too!

Sounds like a good deal.

I found a Henry on Amazon for a good price. I just wrote to them about the guarantee and they just replied saying all their goods have a 1 year guarantee, no cost to the customer if item is faulty, and can collect. Collection is a good thing, especially when you have mobility problems!
    Numatic HVR200A Henry A1 Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner plus Kit A1, Red/Black

by Numatic

4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (895 customer reviews) RRP: £154.76 Price: £97.14 & Free Delivery with Amazon Prime

Never again will I buy a ''no-name' from Lidl or anywhere!

And those Dysons are bit of a rip-off. The upright purple (with green cable) one had a problem with the cable pulling out and then needing to be shortened. I knew 3 such cases. You ended up with a really short cabled vac!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement