Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead dog

Options
  • 25-06-2009 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi, I was upset this morning to see a dead dog on the side of the road. It was on the dual carraigway and had obviously been knocked down. Other than that he looked very clean and well taken care of so I'm sure some family will be heartbroken.

I'm just wondering what is the procedure here? Should I ring someone? Will the council pick him up or what should happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

If u ring the local dog warden they'll come out and remove it. Dont understand why someone would just drive off after hitting an animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Hi, just wondering if this was in Cork? On the way to carrigaline?

If it was I spotted it just a few minutes ago, it was lying on it's back on the island piece of the duel carraigway! I had no way of stopping but it looked to me like he was tied to something?? :confused: I actually thought it was alive and that it had just been tied up by someone?
    I rang the garda station a few minutes ago, I rang Carrigaline but they don't open till 10am so it transferred to Togher. Got through to someone who said they will check it out (he didn't sound too convincing but I hope they will:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

*Lees* wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if this was in Cork? On the way to carrigaline?

If it was I spotted it just a few minutes ago, it was lying on it's back on the island piece of the duel carraigway! I had no way of stopping but it looked to me like he was tied to something?? :confused: I actually thought it was alive and that it had just been tied up by someone?
    I rang the garda station a few minutes ago, I rang Carrigaline but they don't open till 10am so it transferred to Togher. Got through to someone who said they will check it out (he didn't sound too convincing but I hope they will:()

Hi, yes it was actually! Although I was coming in the other side from Rochestown so I saw it from further away. The reason I thought he was dead was one of the back paws was kind of sticking up in the air (like as if he was already gone stiff :()

I just tried to ring the council but - suprise suprise - there was no answer.

If the poor thing is still there later I will call into the guards in Douglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Yeah he was lying on his back with his legs up in the air. To be honest, I have never seen a dead dog, I've only ever seen other dead animals on the side of the road and they were always messy looking! This dog was so clean I convinced myself he was just asleep.... sounds silly now when i say it though.:( I hope the garda I spoke with does something, he was very condescending on the phone!

Advertisement