Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Means Testing Of Dole Payment (Jobs Seekers Allowance)

Options
  • 25-06-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi There

Just looking for some advice. I have been receiving JSA since last summer and I was informed that I would be means tested and recently attended an interview for means testing - at which I was informed that should I be sucessfull the maximum payment I will receive will be E130 weekly. My issue is that I have had no income for the past two weeks and I have been informed it will be another 3 weeks before I find out if I will receive approval for this reduced rate. My problem is that my wife is in hospital the last 2 months and is on sick benefit and she now wishes to end our marriage and seperate. Do I have any entitlements for any payments in the mean time and as she intends to move home to her parents house when she leaves hospital I will have sole responsibilty for the mortgage. Money is quite tight and like many others I am finding it hard to meet outgoings - so I am looking for advice if I am entitled to any additional payments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Talk to your Community Welfare Officer - they can sometimes help ya out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

You often have to be separated for 3 months for the social welfare office to consider you officially separate.

I would visit your local citizen's information office to get a better idea of your entitlements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 forbo

I am finished on my JSA and am to be means tested. My parents wont give me the info I need. how much they have in the banks,how much my dad earns. My mam doesn't work. can anyone tell me what I can do

Advertisement