Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double English

Options
  • 24-06-2009 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

So sorry to be a pest but with the change of mind deadline just around the corner Im in crisis - what does everyone think of maynooth's BA in english?

I've got English and Film down i TCD as my first choice but the more I think about it the more attracted I am to the creative writing side of Maynooth's course - what do you guys think?

Positives? Negatives? All opinions appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

No body answered your question :eek:

I did English and History in Maynooth (finished up this year *sob*) and I have to say the English program is great. they don't have tutorials instead they have "moodle" (i hate moodle) essentially its like a student forum where you discuss ideas and essays with your class mates and lecturers, I personally was not a big fan but for friends of mine that hated the idea of talking out loud in front of a group it was perfect. First year is a bit of a mesh of things, you do some creative work in first year but mostly they just trying to get you to understand critical skills and analysis. Second year is a little bit more creative you get to do things like rewriting a scene from a play by Shakespeare, and builds on a lot of what you learnt in first year, but in a much deeper way. Third Year was by far my favourite year, with seminars (small lectures with the lecturer) where you get to really express your opinions, there's also two film modules which are very very good and you get to do a lot of creative work.

To sum up...

IT'S FRICKING AWESOME!

(Although they did give me a degree so i might be a little biased)

Advertisement