Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faith Healer?

Options
  • 24-06-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi folks,
    I recently saw quite a large advertisement for one faith healer named Danny Gallagher.
    By all reports this seventh son of a seventh son is quite the miraculous being through whom God works to heal the sick, who when you follow the logic through was probably being smited by this God in the first place.
    But logic was never my forte so before i get carried away by the hype and rush out to feast on the heart and liver of this being ,i thought i might check with you guys, to see if you've heard any less than favourable reports of these healings?

thats all folks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Have you heard about the Placebo effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ras' Al Ghul

Yes thank you, indeed i have.
    I know how limiting beliefs can be removed and the power rituals can have over the mind but magic words and tic-tacs don't cure blind people or help the lame to walk again.
    But im really wondering if people have heard of this specific guy Danny Gallagher as according to the tune on his website ' all the people of Ireland have heard his name'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭JimmyFloyd

Well i've heard his name now.

Faith healers are scum in my opinion. It makes my blood boil how they leech on the sick! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

But im really wondering if people have heard of this specific guy Danny Gallagher as according to the tune on his website ' all the people of Ireland have heard his name'.

Just one of his ridiculous claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I haven't heard of him. And he certainly isn't claiming anything new.

Isn't the seventh son of a seventh son meant to be a sorcerer which God frowns on?

But maybe you should stick to the Lazarus Pits rather than a faith healer. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

tic-tacs don't cure blind people or help the lame to walk again.

Nor do faith healers. Has a faith healer ever cured an amputation?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

By all reports this seventh son of a seventh son is quite the miraculous being through
    Presumably, their his reports that say this...

If somebody's sick, then they need to go see a doctor and not waste their time or money on somebody claiming to act with the power of a major-league deity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How much does he charge for his 'services' I wonder.

http://www.danny-gallagher.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

before i get carried away by the hype and rush out to feast on the heart and liver of this being ,i thought i might check with you guys, to see if you've heard any less than favourable reports of these healings?

As far as I know, if you ate the heart and liver of a faith healer, it would almost definitely cure your ringworm. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dad&Sheb.jpg
    He cured this dog of his fear of driving tractors..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

womoma wrote: »
    As far as I know, if you ate the heart and liver of a faith healer, it would almost definitely cure your ringworm. :D

That doesn't give you their powers though.
    I've tried.

Advertisement