Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only defender to have scored a hat trick in premier league

Options
  • 24-06-2009 8:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Name the only defender to have scored a hat trick from open play in the premiership (no free kicks or penalties)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

paul warhurst?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

I can only think of forwards that made make shift defenders.

Dion Dublin
    Chris Sutton
    Ian Marshall

Just after of thinkin of Matt Elliott, He played striker when Leicester were stuck and remember him getting a few goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

is this a proper hat trick or made up of 2 goals and an own goal/some combination. If the latter; Richard Dunne, Michael Duberry, Frank Sinclair?
    If the former, can only think of defenders who might have gone upfront, Joleon Lescott, Steve Watson, Christopher Samba?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Im pretty sure Steve Watson got 3 for everton but i think he was playing up front that game!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Im pretty sure Steve Watson got 3 for everton but i think he was playing up front that game!?

Ya well done Steve Watson is correct. A hatrick vs Leeds on 28-09-03. Although maybe you are right he did fill in as a reserve striker with Radzinski in 2000-2001 but I think he was back in full back by 2003. Although you could be right all the same..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

p_larkin99 wrote: »

Just checked it out there. He started left back that day with Ferguson and Radzinski up front.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=402238

He's not on the list of hat trick scorers on wiki.

Advertisement