Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann in Cork cutting local commuter routes

Options
  • 24-06-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Am gutted...live in Fountainstown(co. cork) and have just found out that they are getting rid of most of the service down here! Instead of 4/5 buses a day from here to Cork City its now one early morning and return not until late at night.

I cant afford a car and was using the bus as cheaper and greener. How can they get away with this?...have just retured having living abroad for a few years and Ireland has completely let me down(insurance prices/medical/rent/wages/weather) and is easily loosing its name as 'best place to live'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

There are currently 10 daily return services to Fountainstown on route 222, I would say it is very unlikely that will be cut down to one.

AFAIK BE have not yet made public (or even provided their frontline staff and unions) with a full schedule of the proposed cuts so whatever you heard is probably a rumour rather than a fact.

Advertisement