Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chartbusters - €2 Rentals (Incl. New Releases)

Options
  • 24-06-2009 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

seen this in their donnybrook branch, assume it applies to all of them
    all rentals are €2 per night, even new releases, 7 days a week

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Lol, now that people are downloading fancy free the video outlets are admitting they were ripping off people hand over foot for years.

eg: charging 5 euro a night to rent something that they bought for about 7 euro.

Xtra vision are doing similar deals - 1 euro a night for all old releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Still wouldn't pay it to be honest , the prices they used to charge were a complete rip

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

My my ,how times change.
    2 euro a night,not so long ago it was 5.35 ,thats a 63% decrease.
    Video shops lost my business many moons ago when they tried to rob me .

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

jayteecork wrote: »
    Lol, now that people are downloading fancy free the video outlets are admitting they were ripping off people hand over foot for years.

eg: charging 5 euro a night to rent something that they bought for about 7 euro.

2 euro a night, 1 euro for kids films

In Cork it's 1 euro.
    Then 2 euro for 2 films for 2 nights, 4 for 4 for 4 nights etc.

All the non-new releases.
    Some good ones there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

i dont think video stores buy them for the same price as the public i think they pay more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

In Cork it's 1 euro.
    Then 2 euro for 2 films for 2 nights, 4 for 4 for 4 nights etc.

All the non-new releases.
    Some good ones there.

When was the last time you saw this deal on? I'd be surprised if they weren't consistent with the offer across all stores nationwide. It ran for a bout a month not too long ago but has ended now. They still do 5 movies for €5 for a week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

When I was working in a video store, new releases were 2.75 a night, and they cost the company 40-55 for the new ones (depending on which studio etc). That was like 2000, so there was alot of wasteage when video tapes broke, I'd imagine they can get alot more viewings now from dvds.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    When was the last time you saw this deal on? I'd be surprised if they weren't consistent with the offer across all stores nationwide. It ran for a bout a month not too long ago but has ended now. They still do 5 movies for €5 for a week though.

Was the other day.
    Cork Washington St.
    Was only in there browsing while my four star pizza was getting cooked.

Advertisement