Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arramount furniture

Options
  • 24-06-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Just in case anyone has a deposit there for furniture, be aware that they went into examinership in all stores except for the Tralee store today, and a number of their stores have gone into receivership.

The stores that have gone into receivership may be in a position where they get closed so I would advise anyone waiting on furniture to check.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0623/arramount.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Be sure to pay any deposits on a credit card. That way if the seller defaults on the delivery of the goods your deposit is safe.

The cc company refund all the indivivuals and claim back in bulk from the company gone bust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

[QUOTE=tomcollins97;60852085.

The cc company refund all the indivivuals and claim back in bulk from the company gone bust[/QUOTE]

What happens if there are no funds in the account? doubt if the cc company will cover it.

I bought a small item on ebay & it never arrived, I claimed off paypal & they refused to credit me on the grounds that the seller had all funds withdrawn from his account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Claim from your credit card - not pay pal. Paying for goods which are not received is theft/fraud for which your cc company provides insurance from. this is part of what the high interest rate covers.

Advertisement