Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tomato stain on White

Options
  • 24-06-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

:mad:

Ive washed this hoodie 3 times with vanish oxi (intelgent fancy stuff ) action and that new ariel excel but i cant get it out im washing it at 30 ???? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Try soaking the hoodie in warm water with some detergent and some vinegar in a basin. White vinegar, about a couple of tablespoons. Leave it soaking for half hour and then wash it as normal. That works well on a fresh stain, not so sure how it will work on an old stain though.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The stains is from Friday. Il give that ago its on its forth wash :D.... I heard leon juice was good so i used that and the oxi action form booth sides so maybe that would work but your idea is up next :D.... Thank you :).

Lemon juice or vinigar should do the same thing. The acids help to break down the stain but CAN damage the material if you over do it.

Dump the hoodie and get a shirt & jacket instead. :cool:

OldGoat wrote: »
    Lemon juice or vinigar should do the same thing. The acids help to break down the stain but CAN damage the material if you over do it.

Dump the hoodie and get a shirt & jacket instead. :cool:

nope still not out so im going to try viniger and lemon juice and oxy action and soap :)

A shirt and jacket ? I'd look like one of those, dudes who have like shoes on there feet.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

The Vanish Bar used to work for me. Dampen the stain and rub it on before the wash, try it with some salt if you like.

• Advertisement

chompy wrote: »
    The Vanish Bar used to work for me. Dampen the stain and rub it on before the wash, try it with some salt if you like.

I will go and get one in a mo :)

and im going to try the vinger one in a mo i have to get this clean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

would washing at a higher degree help??

dlambirl wrote: »
    would washing at a higher degree help??

I dunno its got a red stitching in it, So theres a possibility of it running :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

If all else fails there's a stain devil bottle out there for everything, might be better than risking material damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

i got tomato puree on a baby blue hoodie before, tried everything and now there a faded spot where it got stained :(

if you are worried about colour runs use a colour catcher sheet thing in your wash, i doubt the stitching in the hoody would run but then again ya never know

• Advertisement

i got tomato puree on a baby blue hoodie before, tried everything and now there a faded spot where it got stained :(

if you are worried about colour runs use a colour catcher sheet thing in your wash, i doubt the stitching in the hoody would run but then again ya never know

thats what happened to me I was making spag bol and the tomoto purey in a squirty thing went broad side and attacked my hoodie :mad::(...

Ok whats a colour catcher ? Its really red the stitching...

Tomato attack! When good tomatos go bad. Next time wear an apron.:D

Those colour catcher are sheets of absorbant fabric that you put into your washer with your clothes and they are supposed to soak up any dyes that run in the wash thus keeping the dyes from getting into your other clothes. I'm still skeptical about them.

Have you given up on the hoodie yet? Ready to get that jacket and try on some shoes? ;) As mentioned above I think your only option to clean the hoodie now is a hot or a boil wash and risk shrinking or distorting it.

I can't believe I'm willing a hoodie to survive! My tailor may never talk to me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

If i get any stains on clothes i use Mr Muscle Kitchen :pac:.My mother swears by the stuff for taking stains out of clothes and you know what shes right.Treat the stain with a few sprays either side ( give it a couple of mins) before you put it in a regular wash with the powder and it never fails, zero impact on the material too.
    Its certainly worth a try the only problem i see is that you've already ran it through a few washes.Sure if it fails you can always clean your kitchen and use your hoody to wipe it down.:P
    uk_mrmuscle_lemonkitchencleanerwith.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

making spag bol and the tomoto purey in a squirty thing went broad side and attacked my hoodie...Its really red the stitching...

Maybe avoid the trough when your wearing the goodie hoodie, also avoid pints+kebabs, eating with your elbows and diving into the plate - face first.

you Have to let us know what happens with this in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

padi89 wrote: »
    If i get any stains on clothes i use Mr Muscle Kitchen :pac:.My mother swears by the stuff for taking stains out of clothes and you know what shes right.Treat the stain with a few sprays either side ( give it a couple of mins) before you put it in a regular wash with the powder and it never fails, zero impact on the material too.
    Its certainly worth a try the only problem i see is that you've already ran it through a few washes.Sure if it fails you can always clean your kitchen and use your hoody to wipe it down.:P
    uk_mrmuscle_lemonkitchencleanerwith.jpg

Have you ever used this on delicate fabrics? I've got a stain on a top that's really light and somewhat delicate cotton that I can't get out. I'm not ready to give up on the top but I've tried everything and nothing's worked1!

well i would like to say i tock the risk moved that temperature gage to 50 but 3 spoons of oxi half lemon some viniger and loads of soap...and my white hoodie is white..... no tomato stains awesome...

:D...

well i would like to say i tock the risk moved that temperature gage to 50 but 3 spoons of oxi half lemon some viniger and loads of soap...and my white hoodie is white..... no tomato stains awesome...

:D...
    But...it's a HOODIE ffs! :)

But...it's a HOODIE ffs! :)

what am i supposed to wear :(

Jacket, shirt, necktie...SHOES! :D

Jacket, shirt, necktie...SHOES! :D

but

I carry a skate board :confused:

• Advertisement

but

I carry a skate board :confused:

Pinstrip the board. ;)

Pinstrip the board. ;)

:eek:

Pin stripe the deck man ;) lets get the terms right :pac:

:eek:

Pin stripe the deck man ;) lets get the terms right :pac:

Appologies for my crass assumptions and forgive my unintentioinal mistake...errrmm...dude.
    /Waves a Weird hand jesture in a yufffull style
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Hang it out in the sun for about 2 days, worked for me on loads of white stuff, Im a very messy eater.

If there was any oil in the tomato then that is waht is causing he satin to remain, if so you need to dilute the oil in some way or waht the pros call "reactivate it". Theire is a stain remover for that but I dont know what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Seeing as Snow-Monkey got so many good replys fromm you lovely people may I be so bold as to ask...do any of you know how to get Lucozade (the horrible bright orange one) out of a pale green carpet? I tried Vanish Carpet thingy but no good :( And....it's not my carpet!!

I know it's not a clothing item so shouldn't be in here but...If we have to replace the carpet I won't have any money for clothes or make-up for years!!!! :eek:

Advertisement