Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird Super Q 90 heating problem

Options
  • 24-06-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Does anyone know why my Firebird would heat up the central heating part but not the hot water?

The unit comes on, i can hear the pumps turning on, and then the burner. If it is only switched onto the HW, the burner comes on for about 5 minutes and then it stops. When its on HW & CH the burner works fine and and heats up the radiators as expected, but oddly the tap water is only luke warm. (Actually the piping for the CH is so hot you cannot touch it, which means that the CH certainly works.)

It started to act up like this about a couple of days ago, even though before that everything worked fine. Naturally there is oil in the tank and none of the valves leading to the water tank is closed.

Is it possible something to do with the thermostat? Its a rented property and we moved in a couple of weeks ago, so i don't think the unit was serviced in a couple of months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Sounds like a balance valve problem. There should be a valve on the side of your hot water tank. That valve determines how much of the hot circulation from the boiler goes to heating water. It needs to be opened until you actually get hot water and the rads are at the right temperature. If the rads are getting too hot, that then suggests that someone else has tried to solve the problem by turning up the boiler thermostat. Turn it back to about 65 degrees so the rads are hot but not excessively so, and open the valve on the hot tank until you get hot water and hot rads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 boski522

Hi every one,

(BOILER DETAILS:FIREBIRD SUPER Q 50/90)

I ran out of oil and boiler, aeration. what to do or push the system to normal activities?Is a any reset buttom on the boiler?
    Thanks for every help:)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

If the burner is connected to a tiger loop then pushing the reset on the burner a couple of times should do it, otherwise have a look at previous threads on bleeding the oil pump on the burner.

Advertisement