Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim to Dublin Bus

Options
  • 24-06-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm living a few miles from Trim and amd thinking about working in the city centre, which will be a culture shock for me, but may have no choice.

I will need to get a bus from Trim, but will also need to leave the car near a bus stop. Does anyone have any tips on where to leave the car? I know there's a public car park on the Athboy road, but it's €2 a day which I don't think is fair. Does anyone leave their car in the Lidl car park, and is it permitted?

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

The Trim bus service is costly & awful.
    Your best bet is to park at the blanchardstown centre (early) and get a Dublin Bus in from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Gurgle wrote: »
    The Trim bus service is costly & awful.
    Your best bet is to park at the blanchardstown centre (early) and get a Dublin Bus in from there.

Oh...I didn't know it was that bad!

I would have thought with all the bus lanes and improvements on the N3 this service was fast and reliable.

Also, if I do get the job in the city, I will be purchasing the annual ticket bought through the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I only used it a few times, not recently. If the company is paying then cost doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

Could you drive to enfield and take the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

crocro wrote: »
    Could you drive to enfield and take the train?

I'm on the Navan side of Trim, so driving to Enfield could take up to 40 mins

• Advertisement
Advertisement