Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy a Flikcr Pro Account - Can't pay with my paypal???

Options
  • 24-06-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

hi,

I dont mind if this has to be moved elsewhere mods.

I recently setup a paypal account to pay for items online/ebay etc that don't offer payment by bank draft or laser as I am a student without a credit card.

So I setup a paypal account and I have setup a new beneficiary on my Bank of Ireland online account, great. So I can now transfer funds to the paypal account straight from my bank account, which takes up to 2-4 days to come through.

So I now want to buy a Flickr pro account instead of using the free account. Once I choose a 1 or 2 year subscription it brings me to the payment page where it gives you the choice to pay with paypal. Choosing this, it brings me to the paypal log in page which I do. Once I am logged in, it asks me to verify my credit card details and I have to fill this in as there is no other options to go to my account overview or anything, all I can do is choose to return to flickr. Even when I log into my paypal account normally and go to my account overview, it shows me that my credit card details are unverified.

So my question is:

How do I inform paypal that I am not using a credit card to top up my account? and how can I get rid of this credit card verification thing so I can pay for a flickr pro account.

Also, I have not tried to pay for anything off of ebay because of this, because I would have to bid/buy the item before I can see if this problem will appear in my paypal account, or will it? or with the ebay interface will it go straight to my balance overview?

all help is greatly appreciated

Clive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Some sellers or service providers will not accept payments from an unverified account. One method of verification, is to use a credit card. A small amount is charged to your card, and you get a reference number on your statement. You then use this reference number to verify your account. This is called account verification and differs from address confirmation, which you can't do with an Irish Paypal account, but they are often confused.

Some more verification info can be found here.

It's possible that Flickr won't accept your payment until you verify. I think it is possible to verify without a credit card, but I'm not sure how you do this. A 3V card is one alternate you could use, or any other pre-pay credit card would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭clive_odonohoe

thanks for that jor el, I have a 3v card which I got to use on before I realised I could top up my paypal account with a bank transfer. But I dont want to go down that route as I want to continue using a bank transfer for my paypal account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can continue using the bank. Just verify the account with the 3V card.

Advertisement