Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi 135

Options
  • 24-06-2009 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi lads
    Im am looking at buying a hitachi 135 the zero swing model. The machine is 03 and has 5000 hours. I think it came from a hire company so it has seen a bit of dogging, the pads need replacing (rubber pads) chains are good though. The ram for opening and closing the bucket looks like it has been welded, god knows how you break that. But anyway the guy is looking for 18k for it. Which I think is a fair price.
    I know nothing about this zero swig model, is there anything I should know about it?? problems, resale value etc??
    What I will use it for is land reclomation, digging foundations nothing to though.
    Any info ye boys have on these diggers is helpful in helpin me make up my mind.
    Cheers lads..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

dont buy from an auction and dont but that machine.

first of all if it has rubber blocks your wasten your time at land work you want atleast 28inch pads a long dipper arm ,and preferably a long carraige,

the ex135usr -5 was a great machine as was the same one in a zaxis i have one of each, but your talking about buying a youk with a ram welded and it needs pads ,you were aswell to burn that 8grand , cos it will only cost you that much more.

that youk was dogged ,and anyway they are only maken about 10 grand at the minute,

my advise is but an ex135 fiat hitachi, you should get a 2003 for under 10 grand with a hitch and a bucket in good condition, if not that buy a zaxiz130lcn they both are bullet proof

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Hi All,

First post here. First of all sorry for hijacking your thread motorman. I had a question for Leitrim man. I am also looking for an EX135. I have searched high and low for months now and have not found one within my price range. I was suprised to read you thought one could be bought for approx 10K (not inc VAT?) I havent looked up the 130lcn as the person I spoke to recommended the EX135 above all else but I must look a few up now. Funnily enough the same person told me not to bother with the zaxis. If there is any 135's or 130's in the connaught area maybe you could let me know. It for general farm work aswell and clearing a site for a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

good thread here on track diggers for anyone interested. Funny thing is some people on this forum seem to suggest that the Fiat engine Hitachi's are crap.

http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13798&highlight=fiat+hitachi&page=2

R1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

well lads been in hospital the ;last week just out ,

the fiat engine isnt great, but there is an iveco engine in the ex135, and they dont tend to give trouble apart from the turbo, which will go if you start the machine and rev it up straight away, cold,

or if you turn off the engine at full rexs, all machines no matter what make need a minimum of 7 minutes to pre heat and a minimum of 3 minutes to cool from full trotle before switching off

the zaxis 130 lcn is bullet proof as was the ex120.5, and will be bought between 15 and 30 k in england,

the ex135 will be bought over there aswell for 10k ,as the fiat brand dont tend to hold there value,
    you could use the dealers in the connacht area to buy one but prepare to be fleesed as they are buying these machines in the uk for this money and doubling the price for me and you when we go to buy off them, and paint and a new badge on the side of the cab makes them look 2 or 3 years newer,

so beware its happening.

but go on this www.mascus.co.uk and search construction, excavators, type in hitachi, 135 or 130 or 120 and you will see the asking price and there is always a bit of leeway in them prices as no one has money and no ones buying,

here is a fine example a new zaxis 130lcn.3 would normally retail in good times for between 70-80k depends on the spek, it is selling in the euro auctions new and unused with hitch and bucket for 32k, with hitachi warranty, and its down there coming, no matter what anyone tells you,

the best time to buy will be january 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yamen

<snip> post deleted </snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Hi there and welcome to boards.

You should take some time to read the charter which can be found here

If you wish you may place an add on www.adverts.ie (its free!) and place a link in the For Sale Thread

Slidey - forum mod

Advertisement