Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Satnav Dunnes

Options
  • 23-06-2009 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi all i work in dunnes in blanch and we just reduced several navman f15 satnavs from 99.99 to 50 quid,they were not sellin at all been lyin around for quite a while so they were reduced this evening to get rid of them,they seem to be workin fine i just picked one up for myself :D theyre in the glass cabinet on the electrical aisle in the store you'll need to get security to open it for you,not the fanciest satnavs in the world but they do what they say on the tin. p's I partially hid them in the cabinet as i was considerin buyin another one 2moro but am not going to now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

Looks like the F15 runs Win CE so may be hackable? Anyone any experience of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wbstrn

I don't have one to try, but here's a link i found with instructions on how to unlock it http://navmanunlocked.wikispaces.com/Unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not bad.. wonder if it's nationwide.

Might have a look in the Sligo Dunnes after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

I just bought one in Blanch. I think it was the last one unless they were very well hidden. :D

(Tanks triple-M)

Murt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Murt10 wrote: »
    I just bought one in Blanch. I think it was the last one unless they were very well hidden. :D

(Tanks triple-M)

Murt
    was it the one with the box a bit opened??,i opened that one when we first got then in to inspect the contents,im glad a boardsie got one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

None in Sligo Dunnes anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Murt10

triple-M wrote: »
    was it the one with the box a bit opened??,i opened that one when we first got then in to inspect the contents,im glad a boardsie got one :D

Yep!

Do you know if they are just good for Uk & Irl or are other European countries covered as well?

Murt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Murt10 wrote: »
    Yep!

Do you know if they are just good for Uk & Irl or are other European countries covered as well?

Murt
    just uk and irl im afraid,but its apparently quite easy to unlock and add new programs onto it including maps,i havent a clue how to do it though i just heard from somebody

Advertisement