Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Mayall & the BB's

Options
  • 23-06-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to see John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers in July?
    Two gigs in Dublin (The Academy) and one in Belfast.
    I'm looking forward to seeing these guys, should be a good one!
    (Actually for a grown man I'm ridiculously excited at getting to see these guys, I really should get out more:o )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I'm looking forward to going. The very first album I ever bought was his "Beano" one. ;) I've seen him play in Dublin on two other occasions. He always puts on a good concert. He's over 70 now, so any chance to see him is a bonus.

Roll on July 21st !!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I got tickets yesterday for the gig in Belfast, its at the "Spring & Airbrake" if anyone wants to know.

Waterfront box office (and website) have quite a good offer on for tickets...I urge you to try and get tickets from them! Yesterday the girl in box office told me they only had 14 left....then I bought 4.

My friend got his ticket today. Seemingly the 21st July is sold out and there are only a few left for the 23rd. So if you are thinking of going, you 'd better not leave it too long. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ferdoog

Gig was great last night. Have seen John Mayall a few times in the past but he's sounding better with age. Band are real pro's. Bass player is ex Buddy Guy band, guitarist even had a song written about him by the one and only Phil Lynott in the 70's. His name is Rock Athos..check him out!! A great axe player..

If you are a blues fan you should check this gig out!

ferdoog wrote: »
    Gig was great last night. Have seen John Mayall a few times in the past but he's sounding better with age. Band are real pro's. Bass player is ex Buddy Guy band, guitarist even had a song written about him by the one and only Phil Lynott in the 70's. His name is Rock Athos..check him out!! A great axe player..

If you are a blues fan you should check this gig out!

Thanks for that. :) I'm going tomorrow evening and was wondering how the gig went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ferdoog

No problem. Enjoy the gig...Sorry spelling mistake...i meant Rocky Athas..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Good stuff!

I'm going tonight :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Went on Thursday night, fantastic gig. I was a wee bit dissapointed Buddy wasn't on guitar but Rocky was a fantastic replacement all the same. John Mayall was in great form, he'd show up most guys half his age!

Did anyone catch the support band - The Deans? They were really good, three young guys with a great future ahead of them. I really enjoyed them.

I was there on Thursday also. I agree, the "Deans" were very good and very energetic.

Mayall's band were top notch. The lead guitarist was great, though I'm glad Mayall kept him well reined in solo wise ( not too many extended solos, but when he did solo, it was great ). Everyone got a chance to show what they could do.

Hope I'm half as energetic and enthusiastic as Mayall when/if I reach seventy six. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

awwwww i wish id been in the country for this!
    a hard road is one of my favourite albums ever..

• Advertisement
Advertisement