Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC!!

Options
  • 23-06-2009 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

so who's hoping to go there!!and what course u wanna do?

im hoping for biological and chemical sciences!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

Im hoping to do the exact same course! I want to do physiology wat about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'm going to do arts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'd just like to compliment you all on your fine choice of college. ;)
    In my highly biased and uninformed opinion, UCC > Everywhere else :P

Remember, there's a UCC forum if you want to have any questions about life in UCC. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

+1

and i've done half the courses there at one time or another!!

Quality City too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Im hoping to take my first steps into the kavanagh building in september to become a pharmer:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭brazilicious

so who's hoping to go there!!and what course u wanna do?

im hoping for biological and chemical sciences!!!:D

word of advice, its a toughie!!! its a really really interesting course, i started out doing it but changed as i was offered my 1st choice about a month in... My roomate and a load of my friends stuck with it though...The biology part was unreal, i adored it but got an A in the LC anyway so was a doddle.. Physics was interesting but i was borderline fail in pass maths so it wasnt a walk in the park...! Same goes for maths, it wasnt too hard, like, if you have hons maths from LC it would be grand i reckon... Chemistry was really hard...the practicals were all pretty cool but I only did Bio for the LC so had no idea what i was upto... If ya have an interest in Science like totally go for it, I really liked it when i was doing it but the hours are really tedious and the workload is massive...you'll be grand just be prepared to work pretty hard! best of luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

I'm hoping for finance...if points drop:D

Anyone staying university hall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Damien671

Hoping to do Civil Engineering, and a slight points drop should help me hopefully;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

OP, You've made an excellent choice :D I did Biological and Chemical Sciences and I'm heading into 3rd year.

A bit of advice, the maths and biology is piss, physics is grand if you've done it at LC and ok if not (I didn't and I passed) but Chemistry is quite tough, even if you've done it for the LC, watch out for quantum mechanics!

Seriously though, it's got the most ridiculously light extracurricular workload. One lab write up every two weeks, everything else is done in the lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Arts with Music hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Maths. Huray for being a nerd! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Drama and Theatre Studies, hopefully. My audition group were fab, so I'm hoping I got in!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

congratulations! you have all made the best decision ever! UCC is the shizzle.. fo' dizzle.. nizzle?

its just really good!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Just a word of warning: avoid any course that includes PY1052/PY1053 like the ****ing plague.

Now now, don't be discouraging anyone from studying Physics. I won't stand for it! :P
    I actually really liked PY1053, although most people in my year hated it and preferred PY1052.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Computer science:) it's unlikely to rise by 200+ points right??... I think I'm just freaking out...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Now now, don't be discouraging anyone from studying Physics. I won't stand for it! :P
    I actually really liked PY1053, although most people in my year hated it and preferred PY1052.

HOW could you like PY1053?!?! :eek: It's horrible! :p

Parsley wrote: »
    HOW could you like PY1053?!?! :eek: It's horrible! :p

I found the elctricity part fairly doable and I loved the quantum mechanics part of the module. I especially loved Schrodingers Wave equation. :D

Magnetism was a bit of a bitch but overall I thought PY1053 was more interesting than PY1052. I was in the minority though.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Jay P wrote: »
    Maths. Huray for being a nerd! :)

here here. my first choice in cork but only number 4 overall. still possible i'lll end up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

pearliefan wrote: »
    Computer science:) it's unlikely to rise by 200+ points right??... I think I'm just freaking out...:o

That's my second choice :D

If anything, I expect it to drop to 280 because people are not very interested in computers anymore :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 electriks

I found the elctricity part fairly doable and I loved the quantum mechanics part of the module. I especially loved Schrodingers Wave equation. :D

Magnetism was a bit of a bitch but overall I thought PY1053 was more interesting than PY1052. I was in the minority though.

this isn't really related to the conversation but....anyway, i picked physics and astrophysics and my no.1 and i'm wondering was it a big mistake????? is doing physics really hard or do u need to be seriously intelligent or wot??? please tell me its manageable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

http://asx.heanet.ie/ucc/May09/mark_astrophysics_01

This might clear things up for ya!

electriks wrote: »
    this isn't really related to the conversation but....anyway, i picked physics and astrophysics and my no.1 and i'm wondering was it a big mistake????? is doing physics really hard or do u need to be seriously intelligent or wot??? please tell me its manageable

It's a tough course but it's manageable.
    If you have an interest in Physics, a reasonably good aptitude for Maths (don't need to be a genius) and you actually go to your lectures/labs you'll be grand. :)

Advertisement