Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thos. Pink

Options
  • 23-06-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

Someone just told me that Thomas Pink are gone from Dawson Street, Dublin. Is this true? Have we lost a truely wonderful shop?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

They were still there this evening, Henry Jermyn have closed their shop on Dawson st. but there is another shop on Nassau St.
    That could be what the person who told you mixed up.

*Edit* I just looked at the PINK website and the sale signs on the sight were deffo there today on Dawson st.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I hope not! I really like Thomas Pink.

They have an outlet in Kildare Village though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I thought it was gone too but maybe it was the other shop mentioned.

Henry Jermyn was on one of the corners, that shop is deffo gone now, PINK is in a bank of shops isn't it?
    I'll keep an eye out tomorrow just to be sure...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

It's bad already trying to find the shirt you want without the major players folding. :( Shame about Henry Jermyns.

I know I can still order online but it's not the same as being in the shop, feeling the quality of the materials, arguing with the staff about whats popular and whats not. I like having my ego stroked when I walk into the shops to be greeted with a "Good Morning Sir. How can we help." rather then the usual high street poor service.

• Advertisement

Ah they still have a big shop on Nassau St. up in the old Hodges Figgis/Reads shop opposite the Mount Clare (can never remember which shop that used to be)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Would that have been Greens bookshop?

Could be the one, beside the little art gallery

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought Henry Jermyn were beside the really big art gallery (i.e. The National Gallery)!!!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

OldGoat wrote: »
    Would that have been Greens bookshop?

Yep it's where Greens used to be (i miss that shop in a horrible way...it is where I always went with my mam for schoolbooks!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement