Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants for undergraduates N.I.

Options
  • 23-06-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi, i was thinking of studying in the north and i was wondering do i qualify for a grant for any undergraduate courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

As long as the parental/guardian income is below the threshold for the grant you should be ok, the north falls under the same grant system as anywhere in the Republic check the page here for the info and as long as the course you are thinking of doing is over two years in duration you should be cool

Also there is a forum here which might be some help to you :)

Should say you apply for the grant to your local authority as you would if you were studying in the Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭hokeypokey

Would i also get my fees paid for me if i attended in the north?

Yep which is great considering they went up to over three grand sterling recently

Check this link for the details, you will be applying to the student loan company (eu dept) and you should get the funding ( you will ONLY get your tuition fee's paid though you need to have been a resident for three years prior to the start of your studies to get the student loan and grant off them)

Where you thinking of going?

i wont be going to college for another year, buyt was thinking ucd, uuj or magee... I see you have to have lived in the uk for 3 years beforehand, im 17 now and i lived in the north until i was nine, would that mean i would qualify?

No if you moved up here now, you would be eligible if you started your studies in 2012

Also you would have to be living up here say working etc and not for study purposes

• Advertisement

i think i pretty much want to go to college pretty much straight after i leave college, so would that mean i wouldnt qualify... so id have to wait to do a post-grad?

Advertisement