Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deal or no Deal

Options
  • 23-06-2009 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

This program is OK but eventually it becomes predictable. It starts and they pick a player to play the days game.

But could anyone tell me why the hell Noel Edmonds feels the need to ask the contestant "deal or no deal" at 4.30 or 4.35 when the show doesn't end until around 5. They're not going to deal at this stage and just sit opening boxing to see what could've been for the final 20 minutes of the show. Pointless exercise really.

It's a fine program but that's it's only fault. It's not like Who Wants to be a Millionaire where there could be 2 or even 3 contestants on one game. There will only be one on deal or no deal.

Another annoying aspect of the program is the way the contestants are always like "Oh I really hope it's a blue". Why would they give a toss. They're like all one big happy family, even shedding a tear and hugging each other when someone reveals a red. Christt almighty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Generic-remote-control-shallow-focus.jpg

Use the ones with the arrows ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's utter tosh. Possibly the worst thing on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I hate this show -without all the showboating it would be over in 20 minutes, so irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

wrote: »
    It's a fine program but that's it's only fault.
    :eek:

Its complete and utter mindless drivel. Noel Edmunds should have stayed dead. The contestants and the sh1te-talk about strategy like there is any in a random number guessing game make this the worst programme on tv. Apart from his other car crash, Noels HQ, which was one of the most painfully bad things I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Did you see them dressed up at Halloween and all. Crowd of lunatics.

Noel should go back to his boyfriend Mr.Blobby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Noel's flannel shirts are the worst thing about this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

But could anyone tell me why the hell Noel Edmonds feels the need to ask the contestant "deal or no deal" at 4.30 or 4.35 when the show doesn't end until around 5.

Because :

1) The show is not live and is edited , so they can show far more of early chat of someone deals early

3) The rules say the contestant gets an offer at each stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

Did you see them dressed up at Halloween and all. Crowd of lunatics.

Noel should go back to his boyfriend Mr.Blobby.

+1
    Noel Edmonds is right up there with Gerry Ryan :eek:
    This progamme is a piece of sh*t...
    Out of interest, has anyone ever won the €250,000 ????
    And does that wan*ker banker guy really exist or is Noel taking to himself on that antiquated bleedin phone ??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

As the credits say:

"The Banker"
    Himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

While I dont think its a bad show there are some aspects to it that I can't stand. Like when the contestent asks the person who is opening their box what is their "feeling" on it. WTF its a cardbox box ffs, "yeah it feels like a blue". Bull**** IMO

And yeah I think 2 people won £250,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I like the people that don't understand simple probability and plough on regardless, NO DEAL on a significant amount sometimes 20k plus only to later deal at 6k. Eejits!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Absolutely moronic show.

I'd deal on the first offer. Wouldn't make much of a show but if someone offered me a few grand for calling out a few numbers between 1 and 22 I'd take it! Easy Money!

Then I'd tip that Noel Edmunds a few quid to go off and buy a shirt from this century. Poor beggar must be gone off his rocker trying to make that crap interesting every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Noel Edmonds can shove his dream factory up his arse. It is a load of bull**** and the Channel 4 version is aimed at pensioners. Cant have excitement on that. Other versions of the show are much different and include incredibly sexy ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Deal or no Deal looks like a Gamblers' Anonymous meeting gone bad. I get the impression that all of the contestants have sobbed their way out of a bookie's more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was good when it first came along. A simple but fun concept for a quiz show.

Then they ruined it with the whole "Dream Factory" and "Pilgrims" nonsense, the seemingly endless sob stories and contestants so infuriating you found yourself hoping they'd lose.

"C'mon guys I want lots of positive energy when the box is going to be opened, OK?"

Eh, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i pitty you all because you watch it... just change the channel...

Advertisement