Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design and Communications Graphics - Projects

Options
  • 23-06-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Ok according to the timetable on examinations.ie the projects from all of the subjects should now be corrected.

Although I'm sure most of us have no interest in analyzing our work in the exams I am interested to see how the projects in DCG were actually done.

There was quiet a lot of misunderstanding of what we were expected to do and a lot of us did not fully understand how to use the tools we were given. Taking this into account it would be interesting to see the result of the work we put into the projects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

thats a nice project,....i'd say your best bet is to appeal your result after they come out to see your breakdown of your marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

id love to put mine up,but i dont know how,i have it in jpeg format,and the quility of the pics isint great
    i think that one looks preaty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I'm actually sick at the moment... I lost the bloody memo stick. I have the lid of it though. I had it all saved in pdf on that and it's gone! So p!ssed off!

Nice project btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I found 2 sheets in my room that came out wrong when it was printed. The first one is the photorealistic of part A:

<snippity>

That is the iLuv i552. I have it myself. Its really black but when I had it black you couldn't see any features so I changed it to red instead. It was hard to do on solidworks, its all based around a parabola and it was a real cnut to extrude the speaker from the surface.

<snippity>

The second one I have is of output 9, the 3D sketch of my concept design. My design is based around the rugby scrum. Rugby was pretty topical at the time and it was just before we won the grand slam so that was my inspiration. I investigated various design shapes in rugby, the kicking tee, the lineout, the ball and then narrowed it down the scrum.

<snippity>

The sketches there are really faint. They were just practice ones before I sketched onto the real project. The real ones had more shading and detail.

God I don't know how I lost that memo stick!

You can see the reason why it was printed incorrectly and couldn't be used!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'd take them down folks, They ain't finished yet to my knowledge. I think its this Friday.

Oh and Isaac702, 1008X8 is that your exam number? (X ommission for your sake)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Ok since there is a large difference in opinion as to when these are actually correct I would suggest the thread be closed until a suitable point in time.
    Also thanks for pointing that out it. The program was supposed to merge those layers for whatever reason it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Lads you all did better than me. Although (on average) I would say us boardsies are a little better with solid works that a true cross section of DCG students. (Based on the fact we are using PCs atm)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Isaac702 wrote: »
    The program was supposed to merge those layers for whatever reason it didn't.

No problem. But even so folks, unless you seriously know what your doing don't post your project online. You'd be surpirsed what your can gleam from PDF files etc. Your exam number is also a fairly serious number along with your PPS etc and I wouldn't be sticking it in the public realm for the moment (After results and appeals maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

Damn, I had the same prob extruding the speakers out, So I solved my problem by just making the speaker seperatly and just molded it to the front.

I might scan it and put it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Peppapig wrote: »
    Damn, I had the same prob extruding the speakers out, So I solved my problem by just making the speaker seperatly and just molded it to the front.

I might scan it and put it up!

Any objections to that mods?!

Just that it is examination material and all that! I might put it up if i find it aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

timmywex wrote: »
    Any objections to that mods?!

Just that it is examination material and all that! I might put it up if i find it aswell
    I'll be honest and say that I'm not sure of the ins and outs of this, but at gut level I have questions about posting any detailed exam material online at any stage.

I'm locking this thread for the moment and throwing this question at my fellow mods and the higher-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement