Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

if i do psychology???

Options
  • 23-06-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

have been doin more research into this for the last week. Am kinda worried i will spend my whole life in college:O havin to do work experience and post grad??? any advice:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Whats the rush, its not like theres any jobs out there at the moment. Or is it something in particular you want to do out of college?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

am between doin this or OT nxt year. just afraid to spend 6+ years studyin and was hopin for advice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

lorr3 wrote: »
    am between doin this or OT nxt year. just afraid to spend 6+ years studyin and was hopin for advice:)

I really doubt there'd be much in the way of work experience, at least at undergrad lever (Open to correction).

You do have labs and stuff, so it's probably not all theory.

sorry i mean to go on for a post grad, have to do one to get recognised by the governing body and well i thought there might be opinions out there about doin undergrad workin then applyin for post grad:)

I'd just go with it OP. Don't worry about post-grads. and work experience before you've even started your under-grad. Of course there are a lot of options when you've finished your under-grad., you may even like the thoughts of going on to do a masters or a PhD and spending another few years in college. I wouldn't let the fear of spending an extra few years in college put me off what I wanted to do.

• Advertisement

thanks jammy just stuck between this and OT. keep changin my mind:o what would you say about psychology havin done it??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could always write a book on the psychology of people who like to point out spelling errors on the net.:)

As jammy says, go for it, you're only young and even while doing your undergrad other opportunities and career paths will be revealed.

Choose a course because you have an interest in it, don't let any other factors bother you. Don't worry when you start to think you have all the indicators of a sociopath - everyone thinks that when they first do psychology.

ha ha thanks for that you know i think i might study the psychological impact on people being teased because they cant spell psychology!

cheers for the advice just really stuck between doin this or OT, i know theyre different but they both involve helping people,both involve a challenge and both are courses i think i would be good at, any advice on picking one

am seriously considering the tried and tested coin toss:confused::)

Advertisement