Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip Me Up Website

Options
  • 23-06-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I found this today by accident...seems fun, especially now with the WSOP.

Basically you can buy (and sell) % of players in live and online event.

http://chipmeup.pokernews.com/

Did anybody try it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Isn't that Tony G's caper?

It was mentioned on The Poker Show a few weeks back and they were saying that the bidding fees were crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

lee_arama wrote: »
    Isn't that Tony G's caper?

It was mentioned on The Poker Show a few weeks back and they were saying that the bidding fees were crazy.

I think the key parameter is under the % in the Share Price collumn. If it is 100% or lower then is good I guess, but I may have misread how it works though.

I may give it a go these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,901 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

TripleAce wrote: »
    I think the key parameter is under the % in the Share Price collumn. If it is 100% or lower then is good I guess, but I may have misread how it works though.

I may give it a go these days!
    If its on 100% or lower then its probably not so good imo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

eagle eye wrote: »
    If its on 100% or lower then its probably not so good imo. ;)

I think is the other way around, that indicated price/value, so the lower the better, isn't it? They all seem to be >100%, however some are just littleabove 100% so may be ok value if you want to buy them straight of.

I think you can also bid on the shares (ie. buy 0.1% of Hellmuth in the HORSE), etc....a bit like ebay.

Playing around with it at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,901 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Oh, I was thinking that the price of the share related to buyin was the percentage. I like that deal on Eric Seidel for the horse is thats the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement