Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA in Britain (Lancashire mainly)

Options
  • 23-06-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just wondering if anybody on this forum has played or is currently playing gaelic football over here in Lancashire and if so what are your views on the standard and the way in which things are ran with the county team, championship games (senior and junior), underage coaching etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I was over in Birmingham for an U13 international Feile. The standard of some of the British kids playing GAA, was excellent. Saw an article on the BBC news last weekend conserning GAA in British schools. Lots of schools now playing the game, in fact it is the fastest growing sport in schools over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lob her in lad

I was over in Birmingham for an U13 international Feile. The standard of some of the British kids playing GAA, was excellent. Saw an article on the BBC news last weekend conserning GAA in British schools. Lots of schools now playing the game, in fact it is the fastest growing sport in schools over there.

that is very true there are so many schools around manchester playing the game it is hard to keep up with it sometimes, my own club Oisins http://www.oisinclg.com have a great underage set up and the work that the games development officer John Fitzpatrick is doing in the schools can be seen in the Saturday Blitzes which are held every second week, we could easily have 200 kids from across 6 different clubs plus if a few teams come up from Yorkshire you could add another 50 or 60 onto that,

It is great to come over here on a personal note and see that it is played with as much passion as we play at home even by kids with no Irish connections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

i seen a bbc children programme from leeds
    the team had mayo colours
    a lot of kids were playing in a park

Advertisement