Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharkscope ability out of 100

Options
  • 22-06-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

New Stat on free Sharkscope.

"The Ability rating is a rating that goes up to 100 and shows a player's ability based on an assessment of all the other statistics we have compiled for that player. It allows you to easily compare players who play significantly different stake levels and tournament types."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Wombatman wrote: »
    New Stat on free Sharkscope.

"The Ability rating is a rating that goes up to 100 and shows a player's ability based on an assessment of all the other statistics we have compiled for that player. It allows you to easily compare players who play significantly different stake levels and tournament types."

this is just another thing that people will be berating fish about i think,i got 66 dont know if thats good or bad though ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

82 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

chips1234 wrote: »
    this is just another thing that people will be berating fish about i think,i got 66 dont know if thats good or bad though ??

Fish

Whyno wrote: »
    Fish on a heater obv

fyp

Well red lads is 59 and hes had the fish hoppin outta the bowl for yonks so i wouldnt read to much into the scores...:eek:

• Advertisement

Whyno wrote: »
    Well red lads is 59 and hes had the fish hoppin outta the bowl for yonks so i wouldnt read to much into the scores...:eek:

lol im ashamed of my score now :o

Scores mean nothing when you can soul read....thats my excuse :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

TripleAce wrote: »
    82 :)

83:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

a-k-47 wrote: »
    83:P

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

69 dude!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Obviously a flawed system-here's the biggest fish I can think of in the games I play:

bXXXX 6,919 -$3 $25 -8% -$21,553 - 64

Here's me:

rXXXX 1,164 $2 $13 19% $2,726 - 72

Here's a big grinder:

gXXXX 15,610 $2 $20 10% $24,631 - 76

How can a $50,000 swing in profits only be worth 12%?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Looks a bit fooked alright. Maybe that first guy is improving as I would expect the stat to reflect your current ability rating. Would be nice to see the formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Wombatman wrote: »
    Would be nice to see the formula.

=RAND()*100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jim Stavros

Yeah checked it out, JimStavros (Pokorestars) rating of 168. Is this good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Quadfours

89 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

55 :)

officialpokerrankings is wrong then. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

What is a decent sample size for getting an accurate reflection of your real ROI actually for that matter what is a good roi? Are you able to see what games people are playing when you have Sharkscope?Like break it down to different stakes...Im a such a fish its painfull.

Also should add LOL STT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

thread closed after everyone here looks up moumouth on stars...... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

dougee19 wrote: »
    thread closed after everyone here looks up moumouth on stars...... LOL

lol, he has the same rating as me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

82 on one skin
    79 on another
    Not sure it means a whole lot though as its only based on a couple of hundred games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

g 264games, $9 profit per game, $19 average buy in, 28% roi $2,479 total profit, 75Ability/100, iPokerSch. Only

g 1,582 games, $1 profit per game, $15 average buy in, 11% roi $1,975 total profit, 70Ability/100, iPokerSNG Only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 allinstevie

Quadfours wrote: »
    89 :D:D

93 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

93 on ipoker, 90 on stars....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Noticed a few players with minus ~40% ROI at $av of $35+, and they are all ranked exactly 60, whereas profitable 5% grinders at a lower level are in the 50s.

So I think the system seems to give you a minimum mark depending on what level you play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

jbravado wrote: »
    What is a decent sample size for getting an accurate reflection of your real ROI actually for that matter what is a good roi? Are you able to see what games people are playing when you have Sharkscope?Like break it down to different stakes...Im a such a fish its painfull.

Also should add LOL STT

i'd like to know the answer to this question only regarding MTTs. i can't play STTs in fear of losing my sparse remaining sanity to the rabid tilt monkey on my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

66 on Stars, 67 on ipoker, 76 on Ongame. (only 800 STTs on Ongame and ran hot at the start).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

84 on ipoker although it has only recently started recording MTTs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

87 without sngs

• Advertisement
Advertisement