Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morocco, Greece or Israel?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Where would any of y'all recommend to go backpacking for about three weeks in August (two females in their late twenties)...?

1. Morocco

2. Greek islands

3. Israel

4. Spain

5. Southern Italy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

Maybe you could combine Spain and Morocco and get the ferry accross to Tangier. I did that a few years back and it was good fun. Felt very exotic heading off to Morocco by boat. Maybe you could start in Barcelona, head down the med coast, relax a bit in the resorts of the costa del sol, and then head over to Morocco and down to Marakesh or Fes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

kenya !!!!!!!!! best place ever bit rough for backpacking though i would think ......otherwise morocco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

def southern italy, its by far my fav country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

mikedublin wrote: »
    Maybe you could combine Spain and Morocco and get the ferry accross to Tangier. I did that a few years back and it was good fun. Felt very exotic heading off to Morocco by boat. Maybe you could start in Barcelona, head down the med coast, relax a bit in the resorts of the costa del sol, and then head over to Morocco and down to Marakesh or Fes.

Sounds interesting Mike...I'm planning a trip and I want to take in Barcelona and then some surfing. I hear Morocco has some good surf. Couple of questions:

- how would a person get from southern Spain to Morocco?
    - where are the good surf locations in Morocco?
    - is the nightlife in Morocco good i.e. can a person drink there or is alcohol banned/frowned upon?

Cheers,
    C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Morocco - A great place to get away from the masses of tourist traps/"resorts"
    Greek Islands - Know nothing.
    Israel - Well, you better not let on that you're Irish, they hate us.
    Spain - Can be a lovely place, try to stay in mountainous areas, otherwise you'll just end up with more resorts.
    Southern Italy - Scorching hot + Mosquito will drive you mad, better to go at a different time of the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement