Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eggheads

Options
  • 22-06-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭

Doh, stupid Wimbledon means no Eggheads for 2 weeks, just as the prize fund goes got up to a record breaking 45K. They seem to be in top form aswell, its been 5 against 1 in the final round for a good few eps in a row. Love this programme, its probably my favourite show on tv and its on 5 days a week, wonder when University Challenge is back?

EDIT: Anyone know what happened to the 6th Egghead? Barry I think his name might have been, he had a bit of a lisp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Its funny, i really hate Eggheads, there's no excitement in it and the Eggheads are always so smug!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Its funny, i really hate Eggheads, there's no excitement in it and the Eggheads are always so smug!!

Especially this guy
    eggheads%2Bcj.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kittensneeze

Ha, im ashamed to say, i think these are pre- Barry eggheads. Repeats if you will. . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I'm sure the prize fund went up above 70K a while back. If Dermot is hosting them all, and talking about a record jackpot, then repeats they are. And I think Daphne ranks higher on the smugness scale than CJ, definitely a case of silent but deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

4uck it anyway, I thought they were new episodes, anyone know if its coming back on again, Wiki doesnt say anything about a new series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Jimbo wrote: »
    Especially this guy
    eggheads%2Bcj.JPG

Aye. Always thought he swung the other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

He looks like a tranny grandmother

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I hate Eggheads Arrrrrghhhhhhh.

The worst quiz show on the air.

Quiz master: So here is your question? Eggheads. Ireland is it a country to the A. West of Britain B. East of Britain or C. North of Britain.
    Egghead 1: I am surprised they didn't put South on the options.
    Quiz master rest of the teams [small laugh]
    Egghead 2: I am thinking East but it could be West.
    Egghead 3: No it is west
    Egghead 4: Why west? that a bit out of the blue
    Egghead 3: Well when I used to holiday in Ireland my Mother (who is Irish)
    Egghead 1: Wow your Irish I wouldn't have guessed
    Egghead 3: Half Irish, but anyway my grandmother always refered to my mother as a West Brit, hence I think it is west.
    Egghead 4: Oh! Yeah I was watching Irish TV and I heard that expression alright.
    Quiz Master: So can I have an answer
    Egghead 4: Yeah I think we will go with West.
    [All agree]
    Quiz Master: Okay lets find out, Is Ireland to the West of Britain?
    Short pause
    Quiz Master: Yes you are right Eggheads Ireland is to the West of Britain or as I have heard them say over there the Whesscht.
    [Round of appalause, short laugh]
    Quiz Master: Now it over to the Braindeads, that's an unusual name how did you come up with that name team capitan.
    Team Capitan: Well ..........

3hrs later

Quiz Master: Now for you question ..........

:mad::eek:

Guest / Guessed? :pac:

I remember watching it once when the Eggheads lost. Was pretty brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

wrote: »
    Guest / Guessed? :pac:

dyslexic, don't correct people's post.

I watched it a few times but got sick of it. THat CJ fella (pictured above) gets on my nerves. He has a cocky essence about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

For a woman in her 60s, that Judith one is strangely attractive though

That fat fella is a bit of a spud too. The farmer fella with the glasses.

There's that other fella (Kevin I think) never seems to get a question wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jimbo wrote: »
    For a woman in her 60s, that Judith one is strangely attractive though
    Dunno about Judith but I reckon that Daphne moth would be a demon in the sack. I'd love to invite her round to mine for a game of brain training on the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Spore

Daphne, she's the old bird, right? I fucking hate her so much it's unnatural. What, with her smiling and her always been right and that crazy corpse voice on her... agggh! Someone put her down, quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

I remember watching it once when the Eggheads lost. Was pretty brilliant.

I have only ever see them lose when the prize fund is low. hmmmm...

I know it has to be won to start from a low amount again, but has anyone ACTUALLY seen a group of contendors win a decent amount of cash?

It could be either of them old biddies ye're talking about but some one of the two eggs is always "guessing" the answer and always gets it right. Then the presenter goes "Oh you're right again." She already knows the answer. She's just dragging it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I usually watch it with the family at dinner, it's great fun making fun of Professor Weeto at the dinner table! :D

and I HATE when they pretend not to know the answer straight away, and have to do a bit of deductive thinking. So fake ffs

• Advertisement

I know it has to be won to start from a low amount again, but has anyone ACTUALLY seen a group of contendors win a decent amount of cash?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcVQgDwPu1Y&feature=related

Thats part 2, part 1 is there aswell in the links on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Some bunch of surfer girls were on a while back, when it was on 35k. Only one of them in the final round and she beat the entire egghead team :P

Some bunch of surfer girls were on a while back, when it was on 35k. Only one of them in the final round and she beat the entire egghead team :P

FANTASTIC!

Does anyone know if the eps they're showing now are new or if theres a new series due soon or what? There is literally no information to be had about it online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

They are all repeats from 2006-2008, have been since last summer I reckon. Check out the end credits where the date is given. Jeremy Vine presented the more recent episodes from 2008 having taken over from previous presenter Dermot Murnaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

that CJ is one smug git.....he's forever sighing & rolling his eyes...as if to say ...."oh look at me i'm smarter than everyone else" RRRR!!! hate him!!

Advertisement