Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Much Practise do You get per Week?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Just a thought while I'm bored, I practise for roughly 2 hours per day, so works out at about 14 hours per week but some days I can practise for about 5 hours. I might aswell put a poll on this thead just out of interest. How much practice do you lads get in per week?

How much practise do you get per week? 22 votes

Under 5 hours
    0%
    Somewhere between 5 - 10 hours
    27%
    corMBCciarraibhoydeath1234567Declan30padr81 6 votes
    Between 10 - 20 hours
    36%
    Kingp35scunnerLazarus2.0matty84Evolution Enterrugbymad08Jay.cymrupaulcorr 8 votes
    Over 20 hours
    22%
    AndyPratinakegDouble TopDaffy501ClondalkinClive 5 votes
    I never practise because I'm great! LOL!!!
    4%
    I.C.U 1 vote
    I never practise because of some other reason
    9%
    tuxysuperref 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Between 10 - 20 hours
    I usually throw for about an hour and a half to two hours per 'session' . I'd be unlikely to get more than 4 sessions a week in though (and one less during the league season obviously) .

Back in the day I easily spent 20+ hours a week practising at home and probably the same again down the pub ! I wouldnt be able to do that now even if the opportunity were there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Between 10 - 20 hours
    Well I work in a bar beside a darts board, so I guess if you combined it I get around 5 hours or more a week, if nothing else playing lads when the pub is quiet

I dunno if I'd recommend 10 hours plus a week though, maybe it works for some but I'd find my concentration going and getting sick of it

Good thread, see what everyone does

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Probably about 2 hours a week at the most. Played in our county trials a week last Sunday and that is the last time I played. Next round due to take place on Friday night, so will probably get an hour in sometime Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Over 20 hours
    get in between 2-3 hours per day, but i have been putting in more lately because of next season. throw 2 hours in the evening them an hour at night + a match against my dad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Over 20 hours
    LOL at the person who voted I don't practise because I'm great!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I used to practise about 6 hours a week, but i haven't practised in about 2 months.I plan to start practising again very soon.Im going to get meself some new darts aswell because the ones i have are too light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i used to do big lengthy sessions of 5-6 hours but nowadays i do an hour or too in the evenings when i find time. Like ive a tournament saturday so i hope to get about an hour or 2 an evening till then and take a break friday. I normally start at 61 and try to check out 61 then 62 then 63 and so on till i get to 100. Its good warmup and gets you around the board. Gets you counting and i find ton plus checkouts are few and far between at these tournaments but if u can checkout between 60 and 100 with 3 darts in hand u give yourself every chance.

I then play n01 in a best of 15 on level 9.

Thats my session anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Over 20 hours
    I practice every evening from 7 onwards. Some evenings its an hour but most eveninga its 3/4 hours. I play n01 level 8/9 then darts pro 501 vs me then usually a game against my mate at mine or his depending who's turn it is to travel lol.

Been working on my doubles a lot lately and so far its been paying off for me as i am hitting them with first or second dart.

Over 20 hours
    Between 10 - 20 hours
    Daffy501, Double Top, ratinakeg

All us pros like the extra practise;):D:D:D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Over 20 hours
    ratinakeg wrote: »
    Between 10 - 20 hours
    Daffy501, Double Top, ratinakeg

All us pros like the extra practise;):D:D:D:pac:

LOL if you want to get better you gotta put the effort in , simples !!

• Advertisement

Over 20 hours
    Daffy501 wrote: »
    LOL if you want to get better you gotta put the effort in , simples !!

Yeah I find if I don't practise much my game gets worse, right I'm going to get some more practise in, I've had enough sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Yeah I find if I don't practise much my game gets worse, right I'm going to get some more practise in, I've had enough sun!

Feck the practice, it's not everyday we have sun :p;)

Over 20 hours
    Feck the practice, it's not everyday we have sun :p;)

LOL!:DFeck the sun I was out in the sun for about 4 to 5 hours earlier!:p;)

Advertisement