Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all Bands: Phantom 105.2 and MusicMaker present I-Con's Next Big Thing

Options
  • 22-06-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Phantom 105.2 and MusicMaker present I-Con's Next Big Thing at Andrew's Lane Theatre on the third Friday of every month.

This exciting Battle of the Bands style competition is brought to you in conjunction with MusicMaker and Phantom's own dedicated Irish Music show I-Con, which is presented by Cathal Funge and airs every Wednesday between 10 and 12pm.

The competition will take place over 5 months, with four acts performing in front of a panel of guest judges at each of the five heats. The heats will take place on the following dates:

Friday, July 17th

Friday, August 21st

Friday, September 18th

Friday, October 16th

Friday, November 20th

One act from each heat will progress to the Final on Friday, December 11th at Andrew's Lane.

If your band think they have what it takes to be crowned I-Con's Next Big Thing, send us your CD now with two sample tracks and a copy of your biog to Phantom 105.2, 73 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1.

And here's the best bit. As well as being awarded the title of I-Con's Next Big Thing, the winning act will also be presented with the following prizes:

- A whole range of prizes from MusicMaker to be announced. www.musicmaker.ie
    - 5 full days in a row of rehearsal time with thanks to Troubadour.ie in their Premier Room. It is over 400 sq ft and the winning act will be able to leave their equipment fully set up over night. This is the equivalent of 10 sessions and amounts to €500 worth of free rehearsal time. www.troubadour.ie
    - A professional Photo shoot courtesy of Photolounge Music in Howth. www.photloungemusic.ie
    - A CD Print Run of 400 CD's with thanks to Budgetmedia.ie. www.budgetmedia.ie
    - 3 days studio time courtesy of Guineapig Studios in Malahide.
    - Interview & Session on ICON in January 2010.
    - A spot on the First Friday line up for February 2010.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dubdub

How much is it at the door for these gigs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Music-and-booze

does anyone know whats going on with these gigs? my band were sposta be playing but havent heard much about it in a while now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Due to an availability issue we did not hold a heat in September. I can confirm the heats and venue for the next heats:

Sunday, October 13th - Whelans
    Thursday, November 12th - Whelans
    Thursday, December 10th - Whelans

Our event co-ordinator will be in touch with all combatants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

is this even still happening???????

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭csully397

Brian is there still availabilty for november and december...i could have a band of interest for this comp...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

is this even still happening???????

Hell yeah! Heat 3 was on October 18th and Heat 4 is on November 12th. Final is on December 10th. All gigs upstairs at Whelans. Admission €5 on the door.

Unfortunately, Entry for the competition is closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

BrianD wrote: »
    Hell yeah! Heat 3 was on October 18th and Heat 4 is on November 12th. Final is on December 10th. All gigs upstairs at Whelans. Admission €5 on the door.

Unfortunately, Entry for the competition is closed.

cool, was wondering it seemed to go off the radar fo a while!

Advertisement