Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've given up on blonde

Options
  • 22-06-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I just cant afford it anymore and it's too much effort to take care of, so I'm thinking of going for a light brown (I've had it before). Is there anything I should be wary of when going into the hairdressers to change it. And what exactly do I ask for? I just want a normal semi permanent. Is that a tint or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

ye an all over tint. if you've had blonde for a long time tho they may need to pre colour it first as a semi will just keep washing out really quickly on you because blonde is very porous, so they'll die it copper first and then apply the semi, so your first trip may cost you the guts of 2 tints...and if you were to put in a permanent colour you wouldnt get any shine it would be very dull...maybe not tho maybe it depends what colour you go for i'm not 100% sure but just be aware...

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I'll mention it to them when booking that I have blonde highlights so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

when you are going from blonde to dark you have to have your hair re pigmentated, otherwise it will look strange after a couple of washes.
    If you imagine trying to cover up a red wall with white paint, you need a couple of coats yeah? Well that's kind of like the re pigmentation process. (lol I know that's a messed up way to explain it, but it's the best i can do with out getting to technical!)
    Your better to have it done in a salon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

abrr1000 wrote: »
    ye an all over tint. if you've had blonde for a long time tho they may need to pre colour it first as a semi will just keep washing out really quickly on you because blonde is very porous, so they'll die it copper first and then apply the semi, so your first trip may cost you the guts of 2 tints...and if you were to put in a permanent colour you wouldnt get any shine it would be very dull...maybe not tho maybe it depends what colour you go for i'm not 100% sure but just be aware...

Oops I didn't spot your reply when i posted mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Yeah I'm definitely going to have it done in a salon. need to get a proper cut too. Was thinking of that d1 salon mentioned in another thread. So I'll just get a dye job but will have to go back fairly soon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

well ring around a few places and see what they quote you just mention length of your hair because they usually say from prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

I'm the same - I went from having blonde highlighted hair to a reddy/brown colour - mostly because getting roots done every 5 weeks or so was costing too much.
    They had to put a red colour over my blonde first, wash it out and dry it and then put a semi colour over that again.

Its already brightened up a fair bit since I got it done 3 weeks ago so will have to get it done again by week 6 but was told that it would last longer the next time I get it done.
    Don't think i'd go back to blonde again now.

Advertisement