Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I stop the dole?

• 22-06-2009 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

After being on the dole for a few months, I've just started a new job today (only pays 225 a week for 40 hours, an internship). I have been trying to figure out how to stop the dole so I don't get done for welfare fraud, but I can't seem to find the information. Can someone on here help me out? Also I was just wondering, do you think I'm entitled to claiming any supplement seeing as I'm on so little, or because it's 40 hours I can't? I still live at home, am over 23 and have worked over 100 weeks before. You all seem to know so much more than me about how the system work's, I can't seem to find the information at all!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Congrats on the job!!

You won't be entitled to any jobseekers payments because you aren't a jobseeker. Look into the medical card, although it may take your parents' income into account because you're under 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Write them a letter and keep a copy. Also phone thema nd take the name of the person who you deal with. Should be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 karen99

Thanks a million, I'm delighted to be back working!
    Ok, I'll try that.

What would happen if I just didn't turn up for my next signing on day, and just not collect the payment this week. Just wondering, because I know they stop the dole if you miss your signing on day. I think the letter and phonecall route is the right one, but I'm just curious as I've not missed signing on, what happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

karen99 wrote: »
    Thanks a million, I'm delighted to be back working!
    Ok, I'll try that.

What would happen if I just didn't turn up for my next signing on day, and just not collect the payment this week. Just wondering, because I know they stop the dole if you miss your signing on day. I think the letter and phonecall route is the right one, but I'm just curious as I've not missed signing on, what happens?

They take the money back after 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

just ring your local office and they'll sort it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

Just go into your local welfere office and tell them, Congrats on the job but at 225 a week for 40 hours I hope you get a pay rise soon.

Advertisement