Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrari FXX, should the lap time stand?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭

The FXX went round the track in 1:10 something, destroying all the other times on the board in a time that looks like will never be beat in any other road car. But should the time stand, because it has been stated before that the Power Lap board was for road cars only and as Clarkson said the FXX can only be driven on a track under Ferrari supervision.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

and it was driven my ms , how long has he been stig ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

ciantheod wrote: »
    and it was driven my ms , how long has he been stig ?

For that episode only I think, the producers couldn't just not mention the whole "Who is the Stig" row that swamped the internet a few months back so they decided to have a bit of a joke insted.

PS: I was going to post this question on the FinalGear forum, but the server over there is so busy that I still can't get on 3 hours after the show aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

should the time stand, because it has been stated before that the Power Lap board was for road cars only and as Clarkson said the FXX can only be driven on a track under Ferrari supervision.

No it should not stand for the above reason.

Didn't they exclude a lap from a pagani zonda on the basis that it couldn't get over a speed bump?

Only time will tell but I also hope that in the same way that Michael Schumacher isn't really the stig I hope that the FXX time won't really stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Theres two reasons it shouldnt stand. The FXX isntr a road car, and schumacher isnt the stig! Simple as!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

+1. Not a road car full stop, regardless of how drove it.

I imagine it will be removed next week.

• Advertisement

Profiler wrote: »
    No it should not stand for the above reason.

Didn't they exclude a lap from a pagani zonda on the basis that it couldn't get over a speed bump?

Only time will tell but I also hope that in the same way that Michael Schumacher isn't really the stig I hope that the FXX time won't really stand.

I think the only cars to be removed from the Lap Board were the Renault F1 racing car, the Radical racing car and the Caparo f1. There might be more as I have never seen season 1, just 2 onwards.

O ya, and the Harrier Jet :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

No, it should not stand, for all the reasons posted above.

BTW, did anyone else not see the Michael Schumacher reveal coming? TG had a real problem trying to get a Bugatti Veyron for a lap, yet Ferrari just gave them an even more expensive car? Of course the Stig was going to be one of their test drivers. As soon as they mentioned revealing the Stig, I knew it had to be MS.

Anyway, that was some car!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

i'd say the stig changes the whole time, it would make sense if manufactures would only let their driver drive around the track and for the celebs/challenges its that chap who was leaked couple of years ago.

Regardless of ferrari "allow" the car off a track surely its road legal if it just meets the critera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

wikipedia:
    As the vehicle is not street-legal, owners have the option of storing the car at Ferrari's facilities.

So no, it shouldnt (and probably wont) stand as a legitimate time.

Incidentally, in the same article.
    Ferrari's F1 World Champion driver, Michael Schumacher, received the 30th. Schumacher's FXX differs from others in that it is the only black FXX without a stripe, it comes with red trim on the wheels, it has matte exhaust tips (regular FXX's have chrome tips), and his personal logo is stitched on the racing seats.....

and this didnt take long...
    A black unstriped Ferrari FXX (owned by Michael Schumacher[2]) was exhibited on the BBC's Top Gear show and recorded the fastest car around the Top Gear track on June 21, 2009, knocking exactly seven seconds off the previous best time seconds (for the Gumpert Apollo) with a time of 1m 10.7s. However, there is scope for debate about the lap time, given that the Ferrari FXX is not a street legal car, hence should not be featuring on the board at all (as is the case for F1 cars and the Caparo T1).

So clearly, he drove his own car around the track (fair play) and he is not the real Stig. Good laugh though.

Muppet Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

no it shoulldnt!

• Advertisement

mink_man wrote: »
    no it shoulldnt!

And it didn't

vlcsnap120508.png

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Muppet Man wrote: »
    wikipedia:

So no, it shouldnt (and probably wont) stand as a legitimate time.

Incidentally, in the same article.

and this didnt take long...

So clearly, he drove his own car around the track (fair play) and he is not the real Stig. Good laugh though.

Muppet Man.

What i would have liked to see was him driving the reasonably priced car :) Would he have beaten the former and present F1 drivers record? :D Would he have beaten the actual record held by THE Stig at the moment :)

Advertisement