Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Product for short hair

Options
  • 21-06-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good styling product for short hair. I only got it cut recently and am still getting used to styling it. I naturally have straight fine hair so I am looking for something to add texture and body. Also I am having to learn to deal with waking up in the morning and it standing up all over the place :eek: so anything that would help dealing with crazy bed hair would be great!

Appreciate any advice ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

How short? I have short hair... about 2'' on the short side and much longer on the other side. I find once I've styled my hair if I put Frizz ease serum in to add texture and then hairspray to keep it in place. I'm **** with wax and stuff like that but this works well for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 senape

Yeah it about 2" on top slightly longer on sides and back. i don't have dry or frizzy hair would it still be recommendable to use frizz-ease?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I find Toni & Guy texture paste really good... although it's best for actually creating the kind of bed head you want rid of! it gives great texture though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I don't have dry or frizzy hair either. I just borrowed my mams bottle one day as I had nothing else and found it worked. Adds just enough texture so my hair doesn't lie flat on my head and then a light hold hair spray keeps it in place. There are loads of different products out there, what works for me won't necessarily work for you. A lot of products come in mini sizes (eg, Toni and Guy and Charles Worthington) so maybe try those ones first, see which works for you before you go spending big bucks on big bottles of stuff you don't know for sure will do the job. Hope that helps somewhat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Aveda Hair Potion.
    It's brilliant for adding texture. It's like a powder that you sprinkle (very lightly) in your hair. It's expensive though but lasts a while. If you do get it, make sure you keep the lid closed!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement