Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pig'n'Porter 2009

Options
  • 21-06-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

The hottest festival of the summer is coming up - yes the Pig'n'Porter.

The schedule is three days this year and is as follows:

The festival is going to kick off on Friday night with a Welcome Barbeque in Peter Clohessy’s Bar in the city. There will be free live entertainment from The Red Hot Chilli Peppers Tribute Band and of course partying in the Sin Bin nite club.

On Saturday the tag will commence in both Old Crescent RFC and Crescent Comprehensive College, during the day we will have the legendary Pig N Porter Barbeque with the iconic pig roasting on a spit. We’ll also have the the 6 Nations Trophy and Triple Crown trophy, with special guests. The Bouncy Castle, Face painters, clowns for the kids, and the Bucking Rugby Ball for the big kids!

During the day music will be provided by Noel McLoughlin with his Live Ballad Session, and when the tag is over and you’re ready to party Whitewater will perform Live at the Piggery, followed by DJ Baz til the early hours…

For those of ye looking for the cure, on Sunday we will be having the inaugural Pig N Porter Super Tag, and Ultimate Frisbee competitions.

Another good event to promote the best qualities of our city and county.

Tickets are on sale at recession busting €10. The price on the gate on the day will be €15 – children have free entry.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

When?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Interesting. When is this on??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Saturday, July 18th.

More info here: http://www.pignporter.com/wordpress/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My bad - its the 17,18, 19th july!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Damn, the weekend herself is due. No pig for me this year

• Advertisement

If anyone is looking for tickets drop me a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I would have be definitaly interested in this only i have a wedding to go to that weekend...oh well.

Anyone make it to the Pig N Porter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Sorry coming in late on the thread.

I Dont know anything at all about Pig n porter thing.

Is this some sort of Rugby Jock sports kinda based thing?
    or whats the story behind it?

Only briefly saw Rugby like dudes on the newspapers slinging dead Pigs over their backs, Whats it all about?
    Is it a BBQ? done for a particular reason and for what reasons?

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Anyone make it to the Pig N Porter?

It was absolutely mobbed out there from about 8/9 onwards. Good atmosphere and nice setup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

bullets wrote: »
    Sorry coming in late on the thread.

I Dont know anything at all about Pig n porter thing.

Is this some sort of Rugby Jock sports kinda based thing?
    or whats the story behind it?

Only briefly saw Rugby like dudes on the newspapers slinging dead Pigs over their backs, Whats it all about?
    Is it a BBQ? done for a particular reason and for what reasons?

~B

tag rugby, done for the craic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i hear there a guy being bought up for assualt over a tag rugby match in old cresent or garryowen last week,he freaked out and beat a a player pretty bad,its gone to the guards and a lawyer,a bit mad for a tag rugby match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

i hear there a guy being bought up for assualt over a tag rugby match in old cresent or garryowen last week,he freaked out and beat a a player pretty bad,its gone to the guards and a lawyer,a bit mad for a tag rugby match

troll!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Em*

nope thats a true story - i know the guy who was injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Thats true alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Em* wrote: »
    nope thats a true story - i know the guy who was injured

It has to be said though that apart from the initial Tag Rugby matches there's about 19 hours of subsequent binge drinking - I'm assuming it was just a standard drunken brawl later that night yeah?

- As opposed to the scenario where someone sidesteps a tackle and then gets punched in the face out of spite???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Em*

This took place on the pitch. So much for a non-contact sport :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

This is in no way related - but by way of a discussion related to Tag Rugby......

I've been hearing a lot of stories recently where people were a bit disgusted that along with the normal 97% of people out playing Tag for a laugh with friends there is a percentage (possibly 3%) who are playing Club Rugby for years and then come in and literally run rings around everyone - basically ruining it for the average player.....

- What's all that about? Yeah, I'm sure if I went down to my local Primary school on sports day I could win the egg and spoon race - but what would be the point???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Raiser wrote: »
    This is in no way related - but by way of a discussion related to Tag Rugby......

I've been hearing a lot of stories recently where people were a bit disgusted that along with the normal 97% of people out playing Tag for a laugh with friends there is a percentage (possibly 3%) who are playing Club Rugby for years and then come in and literally run rings around everyone - basically ruining it for the average player.....

- What's all that about? Yeah, I'm sure if I went down to my local Primary school on sports day I could win the egg and spoon race - but what would be the point???

There's different leagues in tag, the club players who want to take it seriously and use it to stay fit over the summer will play in higher leagues, the social players who just want to mess about and have a laugh will play in the lower leagues.

Course, you'll get **** who'll play in a lower division just to be the best team rather than risk competing with the serious teams, but you'll get that everywhere.

A lot of the people that play tag have a connection with rugby or play rugby and see it as a way to keep fit during the summer months!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Apparently there was a shirmozzle and somebody ended up in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Guys, unless you were there I wouldnt discuss this. If its a crime let the Gardai handle it.
    Dont bring down the sport by discussing a once off incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

In saying that. Bring on Banna Beach. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭macheda

Raiser wrote: »

The 3% as you call it are entitled to play as anyone else. They have to try and keep there fitness up and tag rugby is ideal during the summer months.

Advertisement