Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIN CITY

Options
  • 21-06-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Anybody else have a look at that free little book that came with one of todays sunday papers. The book is about limerick is entitled sin city and basically from what i can see is just all the same old stories we all already know that have been made into a free suplement. The people who are desperate to clean up the image of our city will not be happy with all this being dragged up again just to sell papers. After reading the first half of the book (and scanning the rest) i think i found 3 lines about the good in limerick.. Another setback via the media in my eyes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well we arent helping things by having a "lets slag limerick off" thread! They probably got most of their stories from off here!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doh!

Stab*City wrote: »

The people who are desperate to clean up the image of our city will not be happy with all this being dragged up again just to sell papers.

Another setback via the media in my eyes.

Majority of people would have known at a glance that it was all the same old crap being printed again....just to sell papers and it worked.

How do you think the so called "gangters" feel about their pictures being printed in the papers? I think they love the attention, the media is feeding their egos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Majority of people would have known at a glance that it was all the same old crap being printed again....just to sell papers and it worked.

How do you think the so called "gangters" feel about their pictures being printed in the papers? I think they love the attention, the media is feeding their egos.

Well when they post a video up on youtube id tend to agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Media trying to make the dollars......

It doesn't even have to be real, even regarding the fact that Limerick has turned into a great city.

The Media know they can jump on this.

Stabbing in Limerick first time in 7months.... Ta du ta du ta du ta da.
    Even though it could of been just a drunken fight with two kids fighting over crack.. in back of all roads away from anyone. But the media knows it will make headlines, because of the old reputation.

I read that there was a stabbing in another town, it was on page 17 in the sun 2 weeks ago as I was flicking through ( I don't really read papers anymore either) I have forgotten it, you would need glasses to see the print. Limerick hits front and second page all the time, its kinda sad at this stage.

I glanced through it, its all old news. It's quite rubbish and meh... to me. Who cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

Sin City more anti Limerick ballox written by a ponce from dublin who's prob never set foot in Limerick.

Personally if i came across them in Limerick then i would personally ensure the front page dedicated to violence in Limerick.

Some of these Journalists are almost on a par with the actual scum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

You should hear what taxi drivers say.

Reminds me of American's who don't have a passport when they start talking.

"is it safe down there":rolleyes:

I say have you ever been there

"no not really, I passed through going to Kerry a few years ago"

Ok.....

So why do you think it's unsafe there.

"Cus I seen what they said about the gangs down there on T.V"

Do you believe everything on T.V?

"No"

okkkkkkkkkkk.

Topic over, I learn't not to care, alot of people are indeed moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What rag ran this supplement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Star on Sunday.

There was also an article inside on how the two gang leaders have contracts out on each other and that it all could kick off again in the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

bucks73 wrote: »
    Star on Sunday.

There was also an article inside on how the two gang leaders have contracts out on each other and that it all could kick off again in the next few weeks.

i hope they've contracts on each other cos these bastards are so greedy they'll kill themselves to get the money

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

I read that thing also a lot of the same old stuff but i enjoyed it and found it interesting.
    Would have been 3 times the size if it was about Dublin though.
    There is good and bad about the publication
    BAD it gives these scum a form of identity and purpose and they love the attention.
    GOOD most people here would not have a clue about whats going on so it is at least giving ordinary people an insight to who and where and whats really going on.
    I have no problem reading about the bad things in our city but wish the good things were made public also.
    We can't hide our heads in the sand and pretend that we don't have issues (we have) and always had.
    The only problem i had with the book is its depiction of delmege park in moyross,it showed a block of houses boarded up and said this was a typical street in the area.
    These houses are boarded up waiting to be demolished as part of the regeneration shceme.
    This is not a typical street.
    I dont live there but fair is fair and it give a bad impression of an area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i see this thread made page 6 of the limerick independent this week. at least they credited the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

zuroph wrote: »
    i see this thread made page 6 of the limerick independent this week. at least they credited the site!

Are you serious? whats it say? didnt get my indo yet..

zuroph wrote: »

Just ran out to get the paper.. i dont believe it they quoted my post word for word!! im famous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Stab*City wrote: »
    Are you serious? whats it say? didnt get my indo yet..

Thing's must be quiet down at the Limerick Indo offices this week!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

i love acdc's song, sin city if that helps

Advertisement