Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should I buy a BMW??

Options
  • 21-06-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Have spent the past few weeks in looking at '02-'04 BMW's both Diesel and Petrol. Appear to be getting warned off the Diesels because of the Turbo's and flaps but really need some in the know advice please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The turbo is a major issue with the 320d but if the turbo has been replaced and there are receipts for the work then I would have no problem with it.

If you still not comfortable with the whole idea then may you should stick to the petrol models but just bare in mind that alots of things can go wrong with a car whether it be petrol or diesel. Just get the best warranty you can with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Personally couldn't recommend one more.
    There's such a huge range of engines that stretch from loads of oompfh, to "enough" oompfh, to economy, to cheap tax 'n' insurance.
    What in particular were you looking at, 3 or 5 series?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinnyryan

cianclarke wrote: »
    Personally couldn't recommend one more.
    There's such a huge range of engines that stretch from loads of oompfh, to "enough" oompfh, to economy, to cheap tax 'n' insurance.
    What in particular were you looking at, 3 or 5 series?

3 Series 318. 320D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

you looking at a coupe or saloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Op, I bought a '02 316 SE last month and couldnt be happier. It is a great car, and despite the fact that the 316 has a 'under powered' name, I think its great. I spent 4 months looking at 318's but in the end the value and condition of the one I got swung it for me. There are great deals to be had at the moment. I would strongly reccomend them. Just make sure that they come with spare keys. A new one cost me €150!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭omega man

320D is a great all rounder. I used to own an E46 320D Msport which looked good, had a good MPG average and had enough power for day to day driving. In saying that i would look for a nice 6 cyl 320i (E46) if you arent doing big miles?

Advertisement