Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male: Dying hair Blonde

Options
  • 21-06-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Id like to dye my hair very light blonde, I have medium brown hair. What would be the best way to go about this, is it better to go to a hairdresser or do it myself.

Currently my hair is short also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

You can hair bleach in Boots. Bleach it first then dye over it with your chosen hair colour, if you're doing it at home that is.

I'm sure a hairdresser will do it for you too though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Definitely go to the hairdresser, especially if you have no experience of dye. Bleach can be tricky, you may end up with pink hair!

Getting it done properly the first time will make it easier to just touch up with a home colour in the future too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

goto a hairdresser and get highlights (instead of completely bleaching your hair)

it looks good on some people - so dont expect it to change your life :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Tell me would I be looking at much per se in general to get it done in a hairdressers?

Roughly speaking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Last time I got it done it cost me €50 but I got it done in another place before for €25. Ask how much it will cost before getting it done.
    (This was just highlights btw, not completely dyeing/bleaching)

• Advertisement

I am getting it done this afternoon for 40 euro.

So hopefully it works out. Id kinda like it an Ice white colour.

So ya I got highlights, looks very good, far better than the last time when I did it at home and it came out orange gold.

Colored and trimmed for 40 euro , very happy.

Advertisement