Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell over religion in Irish independent

Options
  • 21-06-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Finding the meaning of life in some tricky questions

There was a piece in Irish independent on the religious It quoted "It was not clear weather founding story referred to the creation of the earth or the foundation of Christianity?"

"University level philosophy" said Mr martin of ASTI

They say it will be marked easy but I don't think so

What do you all think of the religious exam??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Agreed, it was hard and for no good reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Once they start correcting the scripts, if there is a lot of confusion in the answers, the marking scheme will be adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

D.R cowboy wrote: »

What do you all think of the religious exam??

My ass was handed to me.

Literally couldnt answer the Xtianity section, so I did the Moral Decision Making one instead :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Was anyone else disappointed that questions they could write 3 or 4 pages for were only worth 20 marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Guys I wrote about animal sacrifice for Q1 on section one as a rite
    Do ye think that was a good idea, no way of writing about plato i suspect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I thought section one was ridiculous in general tbh.
    The only question I'm confident I did even remotely well in is religion and gender, and even then, 'well' is pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

In religion you're asked to find the meaning of life? In the middle of an exam?

jumpguy wrote: »
    In religion you're asked to find the meaning of life? In the middle of an exam?

I would honestly write, "There is none", and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Fad wrote: »
    I would honestly write, "There is none", and move on.

On a bright note i will ask how were your projects guys???

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    On a bright note i will ask how were your projects guys???

:pac:

Very well.

Feels like such a wasted effort now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Hey
    does it matter how much you wrote....I only wrote just over 5 pages and after having talked to other people about it,they seem to have written much more...Is it quality over quantity?:o
    hopefuly...ah sure I am only aiming for a d anyway...the right questions came up and I was well able to answer them but I did not think that you had to write so much on each topic!
    Thanks

also...not to sound patronising here but...the way the leaving cert works is that they aim to have a certain amount of a's b's etc...so they will adjust the marking scheme accordingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

You guys ever met one of those really intense, serious religion teachers ? They come in all sorts of varieties, but they all have one thing in common.

"I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW, THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS SUBJECT AND YOU NEED TO STUDY FOR IT, OR YOU WILL GO TO HELL".

They come in RE, PE, CSPE, SPHE and LCVP varieties. Basically, if your subject has an acronym its probably a load of bollocks, but your teacher won't see it this way.

I'd say this was the kind of teacher who set the RE exam this year. A needlessly hard test, set by an examiner who lit up with glee at the thought.."I'll teach those students...and they all laughed at me when I said they would need to study during the Junior Cert! Bwahahaha....".

Anyway, sorry, I didn't sit the RE exam, but by all accounts it was quite hard. Hope you all did well ! :)

Advertisement